Complaint Review: UHAUL

• Updated: Thu, September 02, 2010

• Reported By: arraizdawn — brooklyn New York United States of America
UHAUL
6615 New Utrecht Ave Internet United States of America

UHAUL U-Haul Moving & Storage at New Utrecht Ave & CUSTOMER SERVICE! rip off, scam, rude, nasty Internet

I rented a uhaul on August 15, 2010. The truck was to be returned the next morning by 9am. When I picked up the truck the "check engine" light was on and I was told not to worry about it. So I'm moving all day and around 9pm the truck doesnt start. I load up the truck and go to drive to my new apartment and it won't turn on. So, someone has to come and tow the uhaul. I unpack everything and it gets towed. I open a dispute  that I shouldn't be charged due to the fact that I wasn't done using it and had to rent another uhaul.

So-I'm fling the dispute and get told that an adovcate will contact me in 3 business days. A week goes by and I check my bank account and the money is taken out of my account. I call uhaul since I never heard from an advocate. They tell me they decided to charge me since I told them I was finished with the uhaul. Those words never, ever came out of my mouth!

So I open another dispute- on a Friday and explain the whole situation and how I was not done with the uhaul. I get told an advocate will contact me in three days. Here comes Friday, a week later and still no telephone call.

So I call uhaul again and put on hold and transfered from person to person, where I have to explain the situation about 15 times. They refused to put me through to a supervisor. I am really upset by all of this. They tell me that they think I just had them tow it because I didnt want to drive it back to the place in the morning!!!!! Is that why I rented a uhaul the next morning? Are these people serious? Then they tell me that when they brought it back to the station it started up fine. They are very dishonest and very rude on the phone. My uncle is a lawyer and I am very serious about considering sueing Uhaul. They take advantage of people and it's just not right. I will fight until I get a full refund- I can promise that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2010 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UHAUL/internet/UHAUL-U-Haul-Moving-Storage-at-New-Utrecht-Ave-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-rip-off-scam-rude-636848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UHAUL