Bob

• Updated: Wed, September 02, 2009

• Reported By: Jim — Fitchburg Massachusetts USA
UHaul
79 Fitchburg Rd Ayer, Massachusetts United States of America

UHaul U-Haul, Ayer, Massachusetts - RUDE, OFFENSIVE, DISRESPECTFUL Ayer, Massachusetts

On 8/31/09, I rented a U-Haul trailer from this location in Ayer, MA. Since I did my reservation online, I was notified by Uhaul customer service via telephone that this location is the only one that has the trailer size I requested, so I went there.

When I went inside, I met the General Manager Andrea Chamberlain. Right from the beginning I was given an attitude. Long story short, instead of answering the few questions I had, she rudely pointed to the 1800 number to answer my questions, "As it's not my job to explain" she said.

She asked me if I had my license plate number, I said, "Nope, I don't, we can get it when we go outside if you want?" She snapped back, saying, "since you are not prepared, how about you go get it now." So I did.

Another highlight was when I asked her if the insurance that I was buying was going to cover a flat tire.  She responded, "you're covered if any damage happens to trailer, like a dent or a scratch."  I asked, "so does that mean it does cover a tire?"  Then she put her pen down, looked at me and said once again, "Call the 1800 number, they can answer your questions, its their job."

That was just a piece of the pie of what in sued. Below is my positive part of the deal.

As for the drop off, today, 9/2/09, the associate there was very nice, friendly, caring and professional. It was a night and day difference between the two people. It ought to be the associate today being the manager and not Andrea.

I give the General Manager today a grade of F. As for the associate that helped me with the drop off, A++ I believe the associates name was Cherie.  Cherie, if you read this, you really are a great associate and I hope that your boss understands your value to that organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UHaul/Ayer-Massachusetts-01432/UHaul-U-Haul-Ayer-Massachusetts-RUDE-OFFENSIVE-DISRESPECTFUL-Ayer-Massachusetts-489018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UHaul