origin

• Reported By: Miss Martineau — New Orleans Louisiana United States of America
UMG Services
Don't know Ventura, California United States of America

UMG Services UMG Services Or Buyersedge Shameless Thievery Ventura , California

Today I spotted a mystery charge popped up on my debit card -- $14.95 for "UMG services."  I could not link this to any purchase I had made so called my bank's customer service line (Regions).  The bank rep said that as the charge was in the "pending" category she did not have any more info about it than I could see on my screen.  She said my options were to "release" it now (have the bank drop it from my account) or to wait until the charge posted and see if any more info appeared.  I had googled UMG before calling the bank and found the same situation described on this website (Ripoff Report) so I had the bank reject the charge.

Next, I called the UMG number given on one of the other R-Reports (800-447-7776).  An operator answered almost at once.  I asked him to tell me about the company, what kind of services it provided.  The answer was something about dining coupons, discounts, shopping, nothing that I would ever pay for (SPEND $14.95 to BUY a discount? Please).  I told the UMG operator I had been fraudulently charged by the company and was having the charge removed from my card and hung up.  I certainly didn't want to give them any more details about me or my banking.

I hope this is the end of my entanglement with this crook factory that is apparently operating in plain sight.  Seems it would be a good cause for Ripoff Reports to go after.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UMG-Services/Ventura-California-93003/UMG-Services-UMG-Services-Or-Buyersedge-Shameless-Thievery-Ventura-California-604571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UMG Services