Complaint Review: UNITED AIR COMFORT INC A.k.a. UNITED RESTORATION LLC

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2003

• Reported By:STOCKBRIDGE Georgia
UNITED AIR COMFORT INC A.k.a. UNITED RESTORATION LLC
400 FAIRWAY DR. SUITE 102 DEERFIELD BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

UNITED AIR COMFORT INC A.k.a. UNITED RESTORATION LLC ripoff, ripped off and scammed screwed others too deceptive company mistreated and ripped off DEERFIELD BEACH Florida

I saw an ad in the paper for $29 for this company to do an 18 point check-up on my air conditioner. The technician came to my home and tried to convince my husband that we had all of these things wrong with our a/c unit. He wanted to charge us over $300 for the repair work.

My husband told him that we just wanted the service they offered in the ad, but he kept trying to talk my husband down in price. He even told my husband to give him $75 to put in his pocket, and he would fix everything supposedly wrong with the unit, without putting all the charges on the invoice. My husband still told him no.

He told my husband we owed $102. My husband asked why and he said, because they charge by the hour and he had been there for two hours. The man was only at my home for one hour.

He told my husband that he starts to charge once he leaves his office. Well, my husband told him we were not paying him for his ride to our home. That's just ridiculous!

So he finally decided just to take the $29 plus $5 for the travel and leave. Of course he got an attitude because we were not going to pay him what he felt we owed. Before he left, he told my husband he had to go back out to the unit and do something else, and then he would leave.

Understand, my air was working before this man came to my home. It was not as cool as it should have been, but that's why we called them. After he did whatever it was he had to do and left, about 15 minutes later the house became hot.

I went tot he thermostat and it was on heat. I switched it over to cool and down to fifty degrees and my air did not come on. This man had totally destroyed our system completely.

We called the local office and got nothing but attitudes and the run around. We called the corporate office and received the same thing. These people are a ripoff.

Marissa
STOCKBRIDGE, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2003 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-AIR-COMFORT-INC-Aka-UNITED-RESTORATION-LLC/DEERFIELD-BEACH-Florida-33441/UNITED-AIR-COMFORT-INC-Aka-UNITED-RESTORATION-LLC-ripoff-ripped-off-and-scammed-screwe-61657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNITED AIR COMFORT INC A.k.a. UNITED RESTORATION LLC