Complaint Review: UNITED AIR COMFORT

• Submitted: Fri, September 03, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 03, 2004

• Reported By:GLEN AVON California
UNITED AIR COMFORT
11750 STERLING AVE STE G RIVERSIDE CA 92503 DEARFIELD BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

UNITED AIR COMFORT ripoff DEFRAUDED, DAMAGED MY A/C UNIT AND TRIED TO CHARGE FOR NEW ONE RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA

In May we had United come out to do their $39 air duct cleaning of my perfectly functioning unit. Then they said they inspected it and said my coil was bad that they would give me a deal to repair it for $500. They did and left then the unit ran up a $350 dollar electric bill.

So we call the electric company out the checked and said it was the a/c unit. We called united back up and they came back out a tech named Henery said the two guys that came out had done nothing and they had been fired for ripping customers off, and that United would give us a $500 DISCOUNT ON THE $2200 new unit as that ours was now ruined.

We gave them a $170 deposit. They shceduled to have it put in. Then they show up 4 hrs early to my house and my daughter answered the door the tech asked if my wife had left payment. mM daughter said no and he left, keep in mind that they had no a/c unit in the truck.

My wife promptly tried to contact them but the number was out of service. Then she called back the tech on his cell and he was very surprised and said their office was having phone problems. He then gave her a number for the corp office and she left 4 voice mails and still no call back.

THEY RIPPED ME OFF and I caught them before they could get me for the whole amount. Thanks to rip off report I looked them up as soon as this happened , i only wish i had before I called them for the duct cleaning in the first place.

Micchael
GLEN AVON, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2004 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-AIR-COMFORT/DEARFIELD-BEACH-Florida-33441/UNITED-AIR-COMFORT-ripoff-DEFRAUDED-DAMAGED-MY-AC-UNIT-AND-TRIED-TO-CHARGE-FOR-NEW-ONE-R-106869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNITED AIR COMFORT