• Report: #719439

• Updated: Tue, April 19, 2011

• Reported By: David — 72032 Arkansas USA
UNITED AIRLINES
WORLD HQ, CHICAGO, IL CHICAGO, Illinois United States of America

UNITED AIRLINES AMIT KANAUJIA FAILED TO SEND LUGGAGE AND DAMAGED LUGGAGE. DID NOT REPLACE LUGGAGE ONCE DAMAGED CHICAGO, Illinois

Recently I flew on UNITED AIRLINES. They sent me to Denver and sent my luggage to Chicago. Now this is understandable, United Air flies to only two locations from Little Rock- Chicago and Denver. The United employee had a 50-50 chance of making the right destination for my baggage but FAILED. They told me in Denver the luggage would be sent overnight and delivered to the hotel.  For three days it never came.  I had no clothes except what I was wearing.  I had to buy all new clothes and luggage.  When I checked in at Denver for the return, I told them I was going to Little Rock and my (new) luggage was going to Chicago. They said 'We can't do that!' I said 'Well you did it three days ago, why can't you do it now?' The nice people in Bombay (where the customer service calls are routed) told me on the sixteenth phone call the lost bag would be in Little Rock when I returned. So I waited an hour (yes) for someone to return to the United ticket counter to fetch my bag. The bag was ripped wide open!! When I called to report the damaged bag they said I had to return to the airport for an employee to inspect the bag.  REALLY?? Not of your life would I ever go to a United ticket counter again.  Nor would I ever fly on United again.  Would I ever fly on United again? Would you?  They held me hostage for three days and then longer once I returned as they ruined my bag !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2011 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-AIRLINES/CHICAGO-Illinois-60666/UNITED-AIRLINES-AMIT-KANAUJIA-FAILED-TO-SEND-LUGGAGE-AND-DAMAGED-LUGGAGE-DID-NOT-REPLACE-719439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNITED AIRLINES