- Report: #548670
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: UNITED BANK CARD
UNITED BANK CARDInternet, New Jersey United States of America
UNITED BANK CARD DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! Internet, New Jersey
*UPDATE Employee: resolution
*General Comment: Chris
*Author of original report: FINAL UPDATE
*UPDATE Employee: BBB
*Author of original report: STILL NO ACTION FROM UBC
I have called and tried to explain to UNITED BANK CARD a couple of times that this is a FRAUDULENT attempt by them and
PROGGRESIVE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS (Carol Heflin, Owner Portage MI.) to extort money from my business.
HERE ARE THE FACTS:
1) PROGGRESIVE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, Carol Heflin came in my restaurant promising to give me better credit card processing
rates and new processing terminals FREE if she could get my business. After doing a comparison with my current processor she promised that she could save me between $200-300 a month in fees with a cost plus program.
2) At that point i told her that if that was TRUE i would switch over to her company, BUT i would NOT sign any kind of contract or commitment until i see the actual savings on a month to month basis. To that she AGREED, and also told me i can cancel anytime if not happy with the plan and service.
3) I gave her the necessary documents that she needed including a voided bank check, so she can start the process. She promised me everything will be ready within 7 days, and her husband would be delivering the terminals with the new software at that time.
4) Well, 5 weeks later and after repeated phone calls to Carol Heflin with no response, i decided enough was enough! When i finally got in contact with her I informed her that i was not interested in her services and to cancel anything that she had done. She told me that was fine, and apologized for the delay explaining that there was a mix-up with the bank and that's why it was taking so long. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY TERMINALS OR ANYTHING FROM UBC OR Carol Heflin, so even if i wanted to use them as a processing company i couldn't.
5) The next thing i noticed was that UNITED BANK CARD was withdrawing monthly fees from my checking account. I called UBC, and talked to someone in the customer service department twice, and both times i tried to explain the situation, and both times i was basically told too bad for you, you signed a 3 year contract. I informed them that i don't even have terminals, how can i be charged for service that they are not providing? They told me that they are not responsible and to call the agent. I asked to have a copy of that contract mailed to me because in no WAY did i sign a contract, and even if i did that contract would be VOID because they never gave me the terminals. To this date i have not received ANYTHING.
6) After numerous attempts of calling Carol Heflin, i finally got a hold of her (only because i swiched cell phones and she did not recognize the #). I told her of the situation and informed her that i was going to take her to court for FRAUD. She told me that in NO WAY that UNITED BANK CARD should be withdrawing anything from my account because she had cancelled everything. She promised to call UBC and resolve the matter ASAP. I have not heard back from her since.
7) The next step i took since i could not get anyone from UNITED BANK CARD to listen to me, and Carol Heflin was not returning my calls anymore was to change my checking account completely (on the advice from my bank) so i can protect my business. That cost me $500.
8) Now i see that UNITED BANK CARD has hired a collection agency (TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS INC.) demanding $1068.85 from my business. UNITED BANK CARD has already taken $131.15 from my account.
Well i've had enough of this! I'm tired of getting threatened by UNITED BANK CARD and getting ignored from Carol Heflin!
I'm contacting the BBB, Federal Trade Commission and forwarding this email to the them, along with any other FRAUD reporting Agency and forum i can find.
Not to my surprise, after doing an online search about UNITED BANK CARD, WOW!! HOW MANY COMPLAINTS ARE THERE? Why are they still in bussiness?
I guess i'm not the first business that UNITED BANK CARD has tried to scam. This is a common practice for them.
I am also contacting a gentleman that is orchestrating a class action suit against UNITED BANK CARD. I guess i will be joining the party.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2010 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-BANK-CARD/Internet-New-Jersey-/UNITED-BANK-CARD-DO-NOT-USE-THIS-COMPANY-Internet-New-Jersey-548670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.