• Submitted: Mon, May 28, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, May 28, 2012

• Reported By: chris tudor — tomball Texas United States of America
4701 ANDERSON RD, #156, HOUSTON, TEXAS. 77205 IHOUSTON, Texas United States of America

I was at home shortly after lunchtime on Tuesday, Jan 17th, 1012. A man ran my doorbell and I answered as he looked 'nice' and had a smile on his face when he saw me through the window.

He proceded to explain that he was selling mazagines, through United Sales Company in Houston, to raise money for his son's school trip to London, England. He also said he had already sold several to my neighbours and pointed the houses out to me. He wasnt rude but was pushy in a friendly manner. He show me the hugh choices of mazagines in a large brouchure from United Sales and said a portion of the subcription money goes towards his son's trip. This man said he name was Thomas Williams and he lived just around the corner from me, 8722, Kerr St, Tomball, Tx. He even gave me his phone # as 832 893 2151. I had never seen this man before but I am in and out a lot during the day, so that didnt really bother me.

I checked the list and found a Muscle and Fitness magazine I had been wanting to get for a while but had never got around to. I completed the order form and gave this man a check, made payable to United Sales...He promptly gave it back to me and asked me to make it payable to Timothy Salgado!!! I queried this and he said that this was the principal of the school and he was collecting all the checks to deposit directly, then they would send one total check to United Sales. This again, seemed strange but I did as he asked as I was getting tired of this Thomas Williams.

So, check for $79 in hand and my order form, he left, rather quickly I might add. I studied my paperwork and receipt for a while and decided it all was too weird and strange. I called my bank but the check had already been cashed...Gosh I was MAD. Since then I have reported this to the Police and am proceeding to report this to Ripoff and the BBB. Im not letting this company or men go, I will get them or my mazagine, no matter how long it takes!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2012 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-SALES-OF-HOUSTON/IHOUSTON-Texas-77205/UNITED-SALES-OF-HOUSTON-TIMOTHY-SALGADO-MAGAZINE-SALE-SCAMRIPOFF-IHOUSTON-Texas-889478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNITED SALES OF HOUSTON