Complaint Review: UNITED STATES MOVERS

• Submitted: Fri, July 08, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Dr. G — West Bloomfield Michigan United States of America
UNITED STATES MOVERS
1504 Bay Road, Suite 1124 Internet Miami Beach, Florida United States of America

UNITED STATES MOVERS ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD OF BELONGINGS MISSING - COMPANY WILL NOT RETURN CALLS Internet Miami Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: US Movers/Yosi Wizman is a rip off

*Consumer Comment: Yeah, right, Roy...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I used to work for them

*Consumer Comment: HEE HEE! Here we go again

*Consumer Comment: I Used their service and was very happy with their service

*Consumer Comment: Oy!

*Consumer Suggestion: I agree with Jim

*Consumer Suggestion: File a claim with the Better Business Bureau

*Consumer Comment: Read Your Contract - No Guarantee

United States movers claims to be a fair customer oriented company........ The estimate was $700.00 - the actual cost is $2000.00. I understand they will claim that there was more to move than originally discussed however their contract claims delivery 7-10 days. Our belongings were picked up in Delray Floriday on June 22nd, 2011. Today is July 8, 2011 and the company either does not return email and phone calls OR they hang up on you OR they say they will investigate where the truck is and NEVER RETURN THE CALL. As of today - all of our wordly possessions are MISSING !

CONSUMERS BEWARE !  DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-STATES-MOVERS/Internet-Miami-Beach-Florida-31339/UNITED-STATES-MOVERS-ENTIRE-HOUSEHOLD-OF-BELONGINGS-MISSING-COMPANY-WILL-NOT-RETURN-CAL-750769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNITED STATES MOVERS

US Movers/Yosi Wizman is a rip off

AUTHOR: everett - (United States of America)

I too got ripped off by US Movers/Yosi Wizman. I contracted them for a move from FL to MA on 9/30/11, the moving truck caught fire and everything on it(my stuff) was destroyed. US movers will not honor the even the 60 cent per pound insurance the DOT requires them to have. Yosi and Ivette will not return any phone calls or emails. they are ripping the public off. they make all sorts of promises but they subcontract out the actual moving to others, therefore when the movers show up there is always a large increase in the final price. Please do not hire this company.

Yeah, right, Roy...

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Well maybe when you worked for them they operated on the up and up as one would expect from an A rated BBB accredited company. But now they've apparently lost that accreditation and an awful smelly cloud is hovering over them. One can only surmise that management has taken a new direction, and one that bodes ill for customers. Unless this customer posts that their issues have been resolved, I see no reason to put more weight on ex customers and employees who just happened to be in the neighborhood and "stumbled" onto this report, and just had to jump right in to defend them. It only makes the company look and smell fishier.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I used to work for them

AUTHOR: Roy - (United States of America)

I used to work for them last year, They were honestly a good company, They were always within the time frame of the schedule according to the contract that they signed. Now I work for a different company the US Movers treated customer with high positive feedback.

I would even consider going back to work with them in the future. Just wanted to say that I have seen them work from the other side, and they are a highly dependable Company.

Roy

HEE HEE! Here we go again

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

First off, they're not BBB accredited anymore and they lost the A- rating. Accordibf to the BBB on http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/moving-and-storage-companies/united-states-movers-in-miami-beach-fl-90023204 they are under review, which probably means a big downgrade is coming.

Nice to see one isolated "happy customer" just happened to be strolling through the neighborhood when lo and behold he sees this negative post about this "under review" moving firm he "used".  Yeah, right!

Misteh Vizmin! Misteh Vizmin! Vus machsta?  What an industry!  They win the Globe Moving of the Day Award.

I Used their service and was very happy with their service

AUTHOR: Jeff Ruggi - (United States of America)

Hi there,

I used united states movers last month, moving from Naples, FL to Orlando Florida.  I didn't have any problems with them on the contrary, they gave me great service.  They picked up on the correct time and date, packed all my belongings very carefully, and moved everything for me right on time.

When I called their office to get an update of the delivery date, the lady that answered was very nice, and assured me it would be delivered on the expected date.  Sure enough they arrived as expected.  I also received all my stuff in tact and complete, without any problems.

The price that they gave me was better then other prices that I received from other companies.  I received great service, and I assure you that they are a great moving company.

If you want to heart more details, you are welcomed to contact me.

Bets Regards,

Jeff,
Orlando, FLorida

Oy!

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Did you kentekt misteh Yosi Wizman (Vizmin)? Theh owe-neh? They are A- BBB rated and members, so yes, tell the BBB to get involved and do something worthwhile. These characters have been in bizniz only since 2009, so their BBB record to date cannot be relied on. Too many of these companies behave long enough to get a solid BBB rating, then run wild with it until the BBB is forced to drop them. By then, they've made a killing, destroyed lives, shut down the now worthless business and started new ones doing the same thing. Or, they buy established decent businesses and run wild until the reputation is destroyed. You have a chance of getting redress as long as they still give a d**n about being A rated, but hurry!

#7 Consumer Suggestion

I agree with Jim

AUTHOR: Leann - (USA)

I have worked at a reputable moving company and we never promised a delivery within a week.  You mentioned you had your household goods picked up in FL but I didn't see where they were being delivered.    Some of the time when we moved someone, there was more to move than what was originally expected.  However, we explained to the customer that if that was to happen there would be an additional charge.  A good salesperson would be very close to the actual weight so therefore not a problem.  I would venture to guess that you don't have the $2000 to pay them therefore they probably have put your stuff in storage until you have the money to have it delivered.  Unfortunately you will have to pay the storage charges accrued while your stuff is in storage.  Perhaps next time you will take the time to get estimates from reputable movers and not fly by night movers.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

File a claim with the Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: Hillary - (United States of America)

My grandmother too was a victim or this shady company. We have filed numerous complaints with the better business bureau and the company has till August 25th to respond/rebuttle. Please file one too this company needs to held accountable for their actions. We are now looking into small claims court for this. I see you are located in Bloomfield Michigan,  We too are in the East Lansing Michigan area.

File a claim with the Better Business Bureau : http://seflorida.app.bbb.org/search?complaint=Y

Read Your Contract - No Guarantee

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

You'll find you got suckered.  There is no moving company that will guarantee your delivery in 7-10 business days - not even reputable moving companies.  Reputable moving companies like United, Mayflower, Allied, Atlas, North American, Graebel, Bekins, etc... is because these firms have a gigantic fleet of trucks that can follow up on their guarantee, or it will cost them dearly.

So what is moving company's commitment to you?  According to Federal law, they have to deliver your goods no later than 30 days from the time they picked up your goods.  So on the outside, it will be delivered around the 22nd of July.  As bad as not having your stuff, it may actually get worse when they deliver.  First, don't be surprised if it costs you more than the $2000; I expect a call from them saying they won't deliver unless you pay $2500 or more.  Next, I hope your stuff shows up intact.  Much of it may be seriously damaged and you won't be able to get more than $0.60 per pound.

I don't know where you found these folks (I suspect the internet?), but moving is not inexpensive but online movers sucker you into thinking it is cheap.  Reputable movers make only 5% profit or less on a move, but reputable movers don't use the internet as their primary source of customers.  Choosing a cheap mover often results in complaints like yours.  Going cheap isn't so cheap is it?

Best of luck to you...