Complaint Review: UNITED TEL, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 22, 2008

• Reported By:Menlo Park California
UNITED TEL, LLC
UNTEDTEL247MP3S.COM Rochester, New York U.S.A.

UNITED TEL, LLC Adds unsolicited and fraudulent monthly charges to my phone bill. Rochester New York

I made the mistake of visiting a website that advertized free MP3 downloads. Several weeks later I noticed $14.95 monthly subscription charges on my ATT phone bill through Enhanced Services Billing, Inc. 1-888-298-3724.

I called Enhanced Billing Services was told by a customer service representative they are only a billing service and I would have to inquire about the charges with UNITEDTEL247MP3S.COM. I was given no phone number.

On May 7, 2008 on the UNITEDTEL website to inquire about the charges and received no response.

I called ATT to inquire about the bill and was told ATT is required by law to provide billing for internet services. They have no way of knowing if charges are legitimate or fraudulent.

I have received monthly services charges for 2 months at $14.95. If I don't pay I run the risk of damaging my credit.

Debbie
Menlo Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNITED-TEL-LLC/Rochester-New-York-14623/UNITED-TEL-LLC-Adds-unsolicited-and-fraudulent-monthly-charges-to-my-phone-bill-Rocheste-334356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNITED TEL, LLC