Complaint Review: UNIVERSAL ADCOM

• Submitted: Thu, July 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Otto North Carolina
2921 Avenue E East Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

UNIVERSAL ADCOM - HomeTown Productions Deceptive Overbilling- How many sets of maps and magnets do you need in one year!!! Arlington Texas

Our small construction company had been advertising-or so we thought! No Calls!!- With universal adcom on our Macon County maps. The company claimed the maps and magnets would be distributed at our local chamber and police department. In 2008 I made two payments to the company. One in August for $329.50 and then another in December for $278.55. The company called to collect the bill in December. I questioned the girl at length about this bill because we had not recieved nor ordered any more maps. She claimed the bill was for maps we had ordered in October. I went ahead and paid this bill to get them off our back! At this point I told her to loose our number! They were scamming us. Then several months later, 07/01/09 my husband gets a call from HomeTown productions AKA Universal Adcom, asking if we wanted to change anything on our add! Once again he tells them to get lost! The very same day I recieve a letter in the mail from McBeth & Associates. Universal Adcom had turned me into collections for yet a third bill
dating 07/22/08 for $259.50! For what! We absolutley did not order over $800.00 worth of maps! This is crazy! So I get on the phone to universal adcom, I get nowhere! The girl was rude and would not discuss the bill that was sent to collections. I asked her to pull up every bill that had been sent to us in 2008, she said she needed invoice #s to do that (Bull) So I hung up to look for bills and to call the collection people. They only had the info from adcom. The collection people tell me that the only thing I can do is to write a dispute and hope for the best. So in other words I will probably have to pay this bill to keep it off my credit. How do you prove that you didn't authorized this stuff? These people confuse you and won't take NO for an answer.

David warman construction inc
Otto, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNIVERSAL-ADCOM/Arlington-Texas-76011/UNIVERSAL-ADCOM-HomeTown-Productions-Deceptive-Overbilling-How-many-sets-of-maps-and-ma-467022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNIVERSAL ADCOM