Complaint Review: UNIWAY OF COLUMBIA

• Submitted: Sat, December 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 27, 2008

• Reported By:columbia South Carolina
UNIWAY OF COLUMBIA
Sunset Boulevard Columbia Sc Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

UNIWAY OF COLUMBIA SC BIG RIPOFF-PLACE ON MY CREDIT REPORT WHEN TOLD IT WOULD NOT BE IF CANCELED COLUMBIA South Carolina

Good Evening to all,

I was offered a free gift to visit Uniway of Columbia SC in 2007. After meeting with the fast talking slick salesman who prayed on me as a single parent, I was suckered into paying them $500 to join. There was another older gentalman on the tour with me who saw right thru him, and did not fall for the gimmick. The salesman used him to lure me in by saying nasty things to me about him, about how he would never get anywhere and that he was too dumb to see a deal. He saw that he had me hooked, so he tried to flattered me by telling me that I was beautiful just to continue to capture his sale.

I had a little bit of savings at that time, and planning on buying a home soon. He also prayed on that. I asked him what if I changed my mind? That lier sat there and gave me his word that I could change my mind whenever I want and it would never go on my credit. Well two days later I called them and told them that I did not want to be a member, and I changed my mind. I never recieved any money back for canceling the contract within 72 hours, and nor did I get a return call from them. Well woult'nt you know, I went to secure my credit report 2008 to buy my home, and the first thing that showed up on my credit report was an unpaid balance of $3199 from
Uniway.

I am so disapointed in this company and the type of scams that they run on the citizens of our society. I am in the US Army stationed at Fort Jackson SC, and I have since been talking to all my friends and letting them know what has happen with me, and that they are to stay away from Uniway. I will continue to boycott them until someone from the company contacts me and repay me the $3,199 that I had to pay to get this bogus charge from my credit report just so that I can keep my Security Clearance with the military. I have never bought anything from Uniway, and have no intentions on buying anything in the future from them.

If someone from your company makes contact with me and pays me my money back, I will advise all of my military contacts that you and your company will stand by your word, and I will send them your way, but until then, I will not send anyone your way and I will continue to spread what at this time that I only believe is true. UNIWAY IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!

Sandra
Columbia SC

Sandra
columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2008 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNIWAY-OF-COLUMBIA/Columbia-South-Carolina-29209/UNIWAY-OF-COLUMBIA-SC-BIG-RIPOFF-PLACE-ON-MY-CREDIT-REPORT-WHEN-TOLD-IT-WOULD-NOT-BE-IF-CA-405195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNIWAY OF COLUMBIA