Nov 11, 2002-Please do not send Mini Vacations or Uniway your money!!! My wife and I were almost suckers! But they did not get our money thanks to all of the people who reported this scam and my wife's decision to just say NO!!! Here's our story:
1) We were contacted several times by phone to come to Uniway presentation for 2 free gifts and a chance to win a new PT Cruiser or $18, 000
2) Went to Uniway Office in Macon, GA. Heard spiel for 2 hrs. about signing contract for $1500 plus $100 each year to reactivate to buy products factory direct (saving middle-man fees).
3) These two jokers who gave us the spiel were way beyond "used car salesmen" they were real fast-talking, anxious, high pressure freaks.
4) Fortunately, my wife (wise!)made the decision for us and declined their offer. We were told we must sign up now, could not think about it, could not call them back, etc...Red Flags!
5) We were given a bad fake gold and diamomd (real fake!!!)and this Mini Vacation certificate.
6)We left Uniway and we were chastised by the freakish sales guy and practically chased out of there. Victorious leaving without having given them a dime!!!
7)Filled out registration for free MiniVacation. Fortunately we have not sent in any money and after reading folks horror stories..will not!!!
8) Lesson learned, Indeed "there is no such thing as a free lunch!!!" Don't let Uniway or MiniVacations steal your hard-earned money!!! These places need to pay consequences for their actions (or lack of actions). God Bless!
Warner Robins, Georgia