Complaint Review: UOL - JUNO ONLINE

• Submitted: Thu, August 26, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 26, 2010

• Reported By: LAWalker — Maryland USA

UOL - JUNO ONLINE United OnLine, NetZero Unauthorized Charges for Unauthorized Services Internet

In July I was charged $14.95 for UOL Juno Online on an inactive account I rarely use.  I got a notice from the bank of a low balance in August and found the charge.  The PHONE NUMBER associated with the charge:  888-839-5866  CA.  I called and was told someone had ordered internet service in MAY, using my card and an email address "beginning with R" (which has no relevance to me or anyone in my household unless the cat has become internet-savvy). When I asked for further information, I was told they could not provide that.
When I referenced the amount of complaints I found related to the phone number 888-839-5866, and that I would not hesitate to pursue charges against this company for fraudulent use of my money, I was told a refund would be processed for the full amount and would appear within 30-60 days.

Lo and behold, within 3 days the credit was there!
Mark Goldstein, Chairman, President and CEO of United Online is featured prominently on the United Online website.  Why haven't charges been pressed against this man and his company?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2010 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UOL-JUNO-ONLINE/internet/UOL-JUNO-ONLINE-United-OnLine-NetZero-Unauthorized-Charges-for-Unauthorized-Services-In-634631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UOL - JUNO ONLINE