• Report: #1062069

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Dan — Littleton Colorado
UPS neighborhood store
Remington Street Littleton, Colorado USA

UPS neighborhood store Wanted to charge me 11.09 to mail a box that I then took to post office and mailed for 6.09 Littleton Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Are you kidding?

*General Comment: ......

I went to the UPS convenient store at the mall at Remington and Kipling in Littleton, Colorado to mail a package.  I asked the clerk to send it at the cheapeast possible price and also told him the content was BOOKS ONLY.  He told me the charge would be $11.09.  I told him I would have to pass and that it sounded high.  He shrugged and said, "Sorry."

I took the same package to the post office and asked them also for the cheapest shipping possible.  They charged me $6.09.

I knew the UPS convenience outlet would probably have an "up charge," or "service fee," but I had no idea that there would be a $5.00 diferrence.

Just want to get this out there so people realize the cost of doing business at their neighborhood UPS outlet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UPS-neighborhood-store/Littleton-Colorado-80128/UPS-neighborhood-store-Wanted-to-charge-me-1109-to-mail-a-box-that-I-then-took-to-post-o-1062069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UPS neighborhood store

Are you kidding?

AUTHOR: nick1346 - ()

This is a private business, they charge more for a service!

#2 General Comment

......

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Its called capitalism you jackass. Remember?? Its what helps to make our great nation what it is. First you are in a mall, as such prices tend to be slighly higher. Second, youre confusing delivery with cost. Sure you paid less at the post office, but you are going to wait a few extra days. Also its the USPS, you really feel your package is going to be safe even after ALL OF THE EXPOSES ON USPS WORKERS RIPPING OF PPLS PACKAGES. Really a little perspective goes a long way!!!

This is neither a ripoff or a scam. ITS CALLED CAPITALISM........