Complaint Review: UPS

• Reported By: opieandy — Georgia
UPS
55 Glenlake Pkwy NE Atlanta, Georgia USA

UPS UPS My Choice: A Waste of Time Atlanta Georgia

I spent hours signing up for My Choice and trying to figure out how to take advantage of UPS' highly advertised (on the website) change delivery feature for a package I'm receiving.  The "change delivery" button only takes you to another advertisement for My Choice, even after you have signed up.  The system never seems to recognize that you are a member.

The first online chat rep told me I had to wait 90 minutes.  Fine, I tried again the next day.  Same deal: "change delivery" for a package only took me to an advertisement for My Choice.

Online chat at 9:35am was somehow unavailable.  So I watched online UPS videos about the features and continued to research it on my own.  Finally, I found that the exact delivery address must be in the My Choice system in my account for me to be able to change delivery options.  Fine, I entered my work address where the package was being delivered.  Then I kept getting "1013" registration errors.  I watched the online video and read all the help info I could find to no avail.

Finally, an online chat rep was available.  He told me My Choice cannot be used for work addresses.  GREAT TO KNOW! Why not state that somewhere before I wasted all my time signing up and trying to manage my delivery?

I asked the online rep to pass on my feedback to the highers up.  His response was: "Thanks for contacting UPS."  Did not even acknowledge my comment.  Further, I clicked the "print chat transcript" button and I got a screen print of just the portion showing on the screen.  A comedy of errors.

Thanks a lot, UPS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UPS/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/UPS-UPS-My-Choice-A-Waste-of-Time-Atlanta-Georgia-1050798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UPS