Complaint Review: UPS

• Reported By: DONNA — PINE Arizona
UPS
PAYSON, Arizona United States of America

UPS UNITED PARCEL SERVICE Severe Damaged package PAYSON, Arizona

I shipped a desktop computer from Az. to Tx., to my daughter.  When it arrived, the monitor was broken.  I filed a damage claim, a driver went to my daughters home, picked up the opened box to evaluate the damage.

Their response was, it was not packed properly, and denied my claim.  They then, shoved every thing back in the box, without the bubble wrapping I had provided, And shipped it back to Arizona.
When it arrived back to AZ., the box was torn up, smashed, crumbled, and rips in it.  The computer was destroyed, with scratches, broken plastic, metal sides popped out, and some of the components (mouse, mouse pad, and remote) were missing.

UPS did not wrap my computer to ship it back to AZ..  I still do not know why they shipped it back to me.  They will not talk to me, and claims Postnet, were I shipped the package from originally was responsible.

UPS took the authority to ship my package back to me without packing it properly, so therefore, they are responsible. Postnet shook their head and said they never seen anything that bad.  I paid over $900 for this computer, and it is worthless now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 09:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UPS/PAYSON-Arizona-85541/UPS-UNITED-PARCEL-SERVICE-Severe-Damaged-package-PAYSON-Arizona-1042908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UPS