Complaint Review: URB Management

• Reported By: Laringold — LaVergne Tennessee
URB Management
P.O. Box 781946 orlando, Florida USA

URB Management Danny Romero CREDIT CARD FRAUD orlando Florida

*General Comment: Obvious scam.

Got a random call from a company claimimng to be a financial partner with the credit card companies, asked for credit card number and made it sound like their company was some type of agency that helps consumsers get lower credit card rates through master card and visa. They switch you between people claiming to be in various departments and you finally end up with a "financial advisor" who asks the credit card company to reduce your card rate...and just before that Mr Romero says "dont be surprised" if they dont do anything but dont be discouraged....we have a partner that we can get you a zero percent card. They make it sould as if they are partners with the government providing help to consumers through some new laws that govern the credit card companies and that they guarentee that they will save you a promised amount of money on your finance charge and the money will just be added to the balance on the card but with the zero percent interest you will save (in my case 1500.00 or your money back). All sounded good till they asked for my bank account routing numbers for 800 dollars.
I refused to give it to them at that point and it is true that I agreed to let them try to help me but they in fact did nothing of the kind other than...without my understanding that they were going to apply for a credit card for me to transfer the account. After working all day and getting home unexpectedly late I got a call from someone threating me that if I did not pay them the 800 by 7pm they would sue me for the money and turn me over to the legal department.

The scam works like this, they sound highly professional as if they are partnered with the government and visa mastercard as part of a government program designed to help consumers get lower credit card rates. Then they swith you through some "recorded agreement" all legal sounding but it is bologna. Then a financial advisor " Danny Romero" gets on the line and calls the credit card company and asks for a lower rate claiming to be "his financial advisior".....then after getting refused to lower the rate...they sneakily ask if they talk to their financial partner to get you a better rate, and this was when I knew they were bogus. He applied and got me a line of credit through a credit card company that had a zero percent line of credit for year, omething I could have easily done on my own if I had wanted another credit card. So then after proving that he did in fact get me a card (like he did something spacial) he asked for 800 dollars..... do not give info to peiople who call from 860-960-9368.

A total scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2014 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/URB-Management-/orlando-Florida-37878/URB-Management-Danny-Romero-CREDIT-CARD-FRAUD-orlando-Florida-1117454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on URB Management

#1 General Comment

Obvious scam.

AUTHOR: TheTruth411 - ()

Good thing you've realized it was a scam and didn't give up any bank information. The first sentence stated tells it was a scam alone. No legit company randomly calls you to state who they are and what they do. Real business is not done that way.