Complaint Review: URentDVD, Www.urentdvd.com, Urentdvds

URentDVD, Www.urentdvd.com, Urentdvds
www.urentdvd.com Internet U.S.A.

URentDVD, Www.urentdvd.com, Urentdvds Major Rip-Off Scheme Internet Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ended up cancelling Urent and happy with BushDVD

*Consumer Comment: Companies list contact info and link to BBB file.

*General Comment: I was also ripped off by this company, double billed

I signed up for a free 2-week trial to this adult DVD website (works just like NetFlix). I received the first 2 DVDs after about 5-6 days (really slow, considering that it was shipping from less than 20 miles away from my address). After keeping them for a couple of days I shipped them back. Since the service (turnaround time) was so slow I decided to opt out.

They do not have a cancel option through the website so one has to send them an email and they will then cancel. A day or so later I got an email saying that mya ccoutn was cancelled and to return any DVDs that might still be with me. Since I did not have any more of their DVDs with me I did not have to do anything further and considered the matter closed.

Then about 10 days later I got an invoice from the lousy bastards in the mail stating that they had not received back 2 DVDs and were demanding close to $50 for the 2 DVDs in question. I tried to log into my account to see what they were talking about but was unable to log in as they had disabled the account online.

After exchanging several emails with them all that they said was that "they were willing to accept 50% of the amount in the interest of good customer service". And to top it all they were threatening to hand over my account to a collection agency. Miserable swines!! I then spoke to one of their supervisors who was obviously a hardcore b*tch and stuck with the same line. Since I have a great credit score and history I did not want to screw it up over something this petty so I reluctantly paid the 50%.

I did find other people online who have been scammed the same way by these m*th*rf*ckers. It is a well orchestrated scam and that's where they obviously get their bread and butter.

Stay away at any cost!! BushDVD.com is an excellent alternative with fast shipping and none of the hassles.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2007 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/URentDVD-Wwwurentdvdcom-Urentdvds/internet/URentDVD-Wwwurentdvdcom-Urentdvds-Major-Rip-Off-Scheme-Internet-Internet-286906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on URentDVD, Www.urentdvd.com, Urentdvds

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ended up cancelling Urent and happy with BushDVD

AUTHOR: JJ - (United States of America)

Delays got worse and I never got credit for my double billed month! I ended up cancelling my membership and went with BushDVD and they have been great.

Note UrentDVDs(URD) was bought out(or bought out) WantedDVD shortly after I filed my complaint. Although they got more DVDs in the merger, customer service did not change, which is a bad thing. Be forewarned.

After cancelling my membership I was worried I might get fraudulent charges but that did not happen and shortly after cancelling they stopped my monthly charge(which is a good thing).

Companies list contact info and link to BBB file.

AUTHOR: Lenard - (United States of America)

I'm very pleased that ripoffreport.com allows comsumers the ability to share there experiences with companies.

The companies contact info is listed as:

(800) 591-9844
P.O. Box 10930, Canoga Park, CA 91309

The link to the companies BBB file is:

I hope this information will be useful to someone.  Thank you.

I recommend refusing to pay any charges that are not accurate.  It's doubtful this company has the means to report to your credit report.  If they do:  You can sue them for $1000 if they report incorrect information to your credit report.   In this case a class action would even be possible.  (Although I doubt the company is actually following through with these vain threats.)

#3 General Comment

I was also ripped off by this company, double billed

AUTHOR: JJ - (United States of America)

I haven't tried to cancel but I'm thinking about it. I've been trying to get them to credit my account for 5 months from when I was double billed. They respond to no emails and have no phone number to call. All I get is auto-reply messages saying someone really reads them and I will be contacted shortly, that's the last email I ever get. No one live ever responds back. Otherwise I've been treated fine by this company although they list lots of DVDs but MOST are never shipped and only say SHORT (ya right) wait!
Maybe I'll try Bush or Sugar DVD.