Complaint Review: US-1 Van Lines

• Updated: Thu, December 15, 2011

• Reported By: Brandon — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
US-1 Van Lines
650 NW 105th Street Miami, Florida United States of America

US-1 Van Lines Transit USA, Inc. US-1 Van Lines (aka Transit USA Inc.) charged me > $1000 more than the BINDING estimate, took and broke many of my items and made me wait an extra 2 weeks for my delivery! Miami, Florida

I'm DISGUSTED with US-1 Van Lines!  Total bait & switch on the pricing.  The did a thorough binding estimate - checked everything in every room.  I even pointed out every item just so I would know what to expect. While loading my items, the head of the crew said it was going over and that the company does this all the time!!

I went back and forth for WEEKS trying to resolve the issue.  "Lisa" from US-1 told me that even though it was their guy's mistake the estimate was bad, I had to pay for it...despite the estimate being binding!  They also talked me into their "professional" packaging to ensure that some of my delicate items were OK.  Well, the few I packed arrived in perfect shape and the ones the movers packed ALL broke!!

It took almost 3 weeks after I asked for delivery to get my items.  Part of the excuse for that was that a driver can only drive 700 miles every day...and they only sent 1 DRIVER! The company tried to force me into waiving any rights I had to go after them for damages in exchange for knocking $250 off of the more than $1,000 extra expenses...not including hundreds of dollars in damages for missing and broken items!

There's no need to only rely on this report - this company has complaints all over the place.  Plenty more on this site alone.

I REALLY wish I had just gone over to (((competitor's name redacted))), rented a truck and paid a couple of the guys who really want the work to do the job.  NEVER use US-1 - it's a DISASTER.  I feel that it's a scam, they will try to defraud you and steal some of your property in the process.  I'm looking forward to some screwy response like I got to my complaints below.  Just be careful and don't just think "they're all" like this one!  It's NOT worth it!  UGHHH!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2011 02:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-1-Van-Lines/Miami-Florida-33150/US-1-Van-Lines-Transit-USA-Inc-US-1-Van-Lines-aka-Transit-USA-Inc-charged-me-1000-809699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US-1 Van Lines