Complaint Review: US AIRWAYS - TRAVELOCITY

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:SACRAMENTO California
US AIRWAYS - TRAVELOCITY
USAIRWAYS.COM APPLETON, Wisconsin U.S.A.

US AIRWAYS - TRAVELOCITY RIPOFF AIR PLANE TICKET NAME CHANGE NIGHTMARE ON US AIRWAYS AND TRAVELOCITY APPLETON Wisconsin

I have given up. I booked a ticket for my brother in law's girlfriend, Youa Vang, but I booked it as Youa Her in error. I made the reservation on Travelocity on Sunday, Jan 15, 2006, and was informed of the error on January 17. I called Travelocity on Jan. 17 and was informed that it was too late for the change. Travelocity needed 24 hours notice to make a name change (Monday was a holiday-MLK). Therefore, I called US Airways, and the nightmare begins. I have spoken to them 5 times now. Some reps say that I can use the ticket and that they put a note on the ticket about the name error. Other reps say that I can't use the tickets at all. So I have decided to cancel the ticket, but the canceled ticket can only be reissued for Youa Her. Therefore, I have to go find a Youa Her out there in the world Please help me! I have had a nightmare getting the right answers! No one seems to know. Her flight is on Feb. 5 and I will probably cancel tomorrow. Thank you!

Mary
MERCED, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-AIRWAYS-TRAVELOCITY/APPLETON-Wisconsin/US-AIRWAYS-TRAVELOCITY-RIPOFF-AIR-PLANE-TICKET-NAME-CHANGE-NIGHTMARE-ON-US-AIRWAYS-AND-T-173413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US AIRWAYS - TRAVELOCITY