Complaint Review: US AIRWAYS

• Updated: Wed, November 18, 2009

• Reported By: tigger — Arizona United States of America
US AIRWAYS

US AIRWAYS Stranded unaccompanied minor, Internet

My daughter has flown to NY for the summers for a few years on US Air. I always call to make sure that the flights she is booked on are ok for her to fly on.  Well, I did this on her way to NY, the rep told me she is fine to go as an unaccompanied minor.  We droped her off, and off she went to NY.  On her way back, I called again and got the same response.  On the day of her flight I got a frantic call from my friend that was dropping her off that they will not allow for her to board the plane because their policy changed and they no longer accept unaccompanied minors. We tried everything we could to get her on that flight since she was in NY and she lives in Arizona, so she somehow got there.  I told them that I called and checked and their response was once again 'it is on our website'.  I looked at the website and in small print it says 'Traveling with children'.  Well I was not traveling with my child, she was traveling alone!!!! They finally booked her on another airline the next day and my friend had to take a another day off from work.

I called to complain, but guess what, they don't have a way to complain by phone, you have to email your complaints.  So I did, anyone wants to guess their response, it was 'Sorry to hear that but we posted our new policy on our website'.  So now my daughter has 10,000 frequent flyer miles that I cannot use or keep building, because she not old enough to travel with them, so they said I could transfer to my account, but guess what, it took me the website and a customer rep to find out it would cost me about $45 to do that and I would still have to do that on their website.  I tried calling to complain about that, but the lady and her supervisor read me the same paragraph on the frequent flyer policy in their manual, like 10 times.  When I asked for a number to complain, I was directed back to their website.  I told the lady that it doesn't work well, they just give you the meanigless 'We're sorry to hear that', but they insisted that is the only way to complain.

So this is my way of complaining on a website, that more people can see, and I will use Facebook, and any other means to tell people about the wonderfull service of US Airways.

So let me ask you this US Airways Complaint department, if I have to do everything on your website, why can't you have cheaper prices, since the website does most of your work you don't need to hire any employees......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2009 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-AIRWAYS/internet/US-AIRWAYS-Stranded-unaccompanied-minor-Internet-525459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US AIRWAYS