Complaint Review: US AIRWAYS

• Reported By: Jose — Sparks Nevada
US AIRWAYS
Internet USA

US AIRWAYS They Lied and cheated me out of $600 Internet

My name is Jose, I made reservations for me and my wife last year on a round-trip to Guadalajara, Mexico. From Sep 25 to Oct 6. The first leg of the trip was fine.

As the return day approached a medical necessity kept us for an additional week. A day before departure I went to the airport to make the necessary arrangements. I spoke to a US Airways Representative . He told me that there would be a $150 fee to alter the itinerary. I showed him a hospital letter written by the MD but he said there was nothing he could do. As I was leaving he told me that he would help me. I was happy.

He said that I need to purchase a new ticket One way back with the new date. He said the unused portion of the other trip would be refunded $300. It seem Like an Ok deal. I would pay $375 but $ 600 will be refunded. I did as he instructed.

Once back on the Sates I notice my refund was not going through. I called to find out why. I was informed by yet another "lovely Agent" (sarcasm) that the ticket was non-refundable and that I miss understood what the agent in Guadalajara said. I asked to speak with a manager.

The manager said that I could get a 2 vouchers $300 each but there will be a $150 fee To use them. Plus they needed to be used by AUG 9 or the value would be lost Never mind the fact the dates where on Sep and Oct. I travel on those dated to meet with all the family we have though the states and Mexico on those dates. I explained that I could not travel before Sep and they said there nothing they can do>.......If someone steals $600 from me on the street its Grand Larceny a Felony ....when US Airways does its just day to day business....Shame on them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-AIRWAYS/internet/US-AIRWAYS-They-Lied-and-cheated-me-out-of-600-Internet-1063178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US AIRWAYS