• Report: #1020164

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Duncan — Fort Collins Colorado United States of America
US Air Promotions
Phoenix, AZ / Palm Springs, FL Palm Springs, Florida United States of America

US Air Promotions Josh Fiedler Free Airline or Cruise tickets For a "pitch" or a $120 charge Palm Springs, Florida

I received this letter which had no return address on the envelope and no address on the letter head but it did mention that they were based in Phoenix, AZ.  It was an offer for FREE airline tickets worth $1298.  I called the number just to see what the catch was and after I was assured that the only catch was to receive a "no commitment" pitch about travel products, I said I was interested.  Then he started in with demographic questions which is where I failed.  My wife and I had to make more than $50000 a year to qualify and we don't.  So he said there was another company which had something we would qualify for and that's when I was transfered to Josh at "Carribean Cruises" who had a free cruise to give us.  After I was assured there was no catch to THIS offer, he went through a description of all the neat things we would get for free with this cruise in an effort to pump us up into a state of irrational exhuberance. [continued below]....
.....  At the end of it he said all we had to do to claim our tickets was to pre pay a $59 per person "Port Tax" for the Palm Springs Port right now over the phone ...and that's when I stopped him.

Now I don't know if this is all an elaborate way to get card numbers from unwitting folks or just a way to make $118 per sales call for giving away free cruises.  In any event these guys swore to me there was no catch and lo and behold, after 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back,  there was a catch.  I hope this information helps someone else who is looking for the real story behind "US Air Promotions".  BTW: They are NOT US Airways  or Carribean Cruislines.  They have chosen very similair names for their operation to these legit companies specifically for the purpose of false credibility.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Air-Promotions/Palm-Springs-Florida-/US-Air-Promotions-Josh-Fiedler-Free-Airline-or-Cruise-tickets-For-a-pitch-or-a-120-char-1020164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Air Promotions