Complaint Review: US Air Promotions

• Reported By: Mark — Monument Colorado USA
US Air Promotions
None Listed Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

US Air Promotions Free airline trip scam Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: You being a donkeys butt?

*Consumer Comment: It is Still Signed

*General Comment: Got the same letter today.

Received a letter from US Air Promotions for 2 free roundtrip airline tickets good for the continental US from major international airports. Retail value is $1,298.00 then it goes on to claim they been trying to contact me without success, and this is the LAST attempt (I hope so). The number on the ticket is 1-866-949-8024 and when I did a search it's a Chinese site that comes up. The scam letter is signed by a Ali Kale Vice President....LOL

The envelope says Phoenix, AZ and mailed with a real 45 cent stamp. Also my name and address look to be signed but its just a very good printer used...they even made it so it appears crooked as if someone really did sign the envelope.

I'm posting this as a warning, obviously these type of deals are scams so be careful people. Any REAL corporation would list there address, and a website in this day in age. [continued below]....
..... Not to mention the Vice President would probably be listed on Linkden, or other sites as they have accomplished something in their lives. And the biggest clue these are scams, I don't enter sweepstakes and I never received anything from these people before to make this my last notice...LOL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Air-Promotions/Phoenix-Arizona-/US-Air-Promotions-Free-airline-trip-scam-Phoenix-Arizona-1004886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Air Promotions

You being a donkeys butt?

AUTHOR: Mark - (USA)

Obviously I meant LinkIn, and boy do you go on about the whole signature deal. Point being its not signed by hand to me...I get stuff signed by CEO's by themselves all the time (Director of a Non-Profit). I guess this all rubbed your simple mind the wrong way. Must be a pathetic life you got to log into a site and point out a few details to what? Argue with yourself? LOL Silly Human...

It is Still Signed

AUTHOR: MaxxFordham - (United States of America)

Yeah, I just got the letter today, 02/19/13 (well, it's my dad's birthday today, and then mine's on the 23rd, but that's besides the point--but happy birthday, Dad and me, huh?), and I called the number, and they do say, "You have reached the travel awards decision," but I'm not in the mood right now to go further with it. Maybe a little while later I'll grow the curiosity to tango with these guys.

Well, you said that it only "looks" signed but was only printed with a very good printer. Actually, if there's anything that looks like a signature there, then no matter the method of setting it down on paper or other surface, it still IS signed. It doesn't have to be done by hand and pen every time in order to have qualified as being signed.

In fact, people signing many copies of something can hook their one hand and pen up to a robotic tool that reads their motions and multiplies the signings by many times. But it was still signed. A computer-scanned and reprinted version of that is still signed. Maybe it's a copy, but that's still the signature. A photocopy of it is still signed, but of course the latter two methods aren't original like the robo-signing method is still considered to be.

One of these times maybe I'll call these guys and really engage them and see where they take me, except as far as for me to get scammed.

Oh, by the way, I haven't heard of "Linkden." What's that? I have heard of a site with a name sort of like that, though, LinkedIn. But what's "Linkden"?

Good luck,
Mike

#3 General Comment

Got the same letter today.

AUTHOR: jn - (United States of America)

I worked for USAir when was called that. First red flag of many... Now it's USAirways. Anyway, glad you wrote this but frankly if people are stupid enough to fall for whatever this scam was, I just threw it out, then oh well. Thanks for posting.