Complaint Review: US Air Promotions

• Reported By: MrMooseman — cedar rapids Iowa United States of America
US Air Promotions
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

US Air Promotions Phony letter offering free air travel Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: Update!

Received a letter. My hand-written address on it, with no return address. Letter inside has no return address, no company logo. The letter is offering $1298 worth of free travel inside the continental US. There's only an 866 phone number to call. No one answers.

Letter is signed by the company's Vice President, Ali Kale.

This is a laughably BAD scam, but someone is bound to fall for it. The first thing I did was Google US Air Promotions. This site is the first thing that pops up. So, there you go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Air-Promotions/Phoenix-Arizona-/US-Air-Promotions-Phony-letter-offering-free-air-travel-Phoenix-Arizona-1003963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Air Promotions

Update!

AUTHOR: MrMooseman - (United States of America)

I called the 866 number. After listening to a very British woman on voicemail, was transfered to a guy who wanted all of my personal information. When I mentioned that this all smelled like a scam, and a possible felony, he got pissed off and hung up.

I called back a few minutes later. Same British voicemail, then the same guy answered. He swore up and down to be someone different. He mentioned being a part of something called the Rapid Rewards Redemption Center, and that they're helping this unnamed travel company "get off the ground". He said it was all legit, and as soon as I gave him my personal info, he would arrange for me to "come down to the showroom and pick up the tickets".

I told him to take my name off of his mailing list, I could hear him clacking away on his computer keyboard, then he told me he was done. They wouldn't bother me again. Odd, since I never gave him ANY of my information, not even my name.