• Report: #719133

Phoenix, Arizona United States of America
  • Phone: 1-866-593-8946
  • Web:
  • Category: Airlines

US Airlines Company mailed me a scam letter informing me of award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets Phoenix, Arizona

I just recieved a scam letter in the mail today.  First clues this is a scam - the envelope had no return address on it, and my name and address were handwritten versus typed.  Second clue - the heading states its from US Airlines, which is a non-existant company, and there was no return address on the letter either.  Third clue - "If its too good to be true, it usually is."

I would advise that people not even dare call the 800 number on the letters.
The letter, dated April 11th, 2011, states exactly as follows:

NOTE:  You must respond no later than April 20th, 2011.

Dear ********:

I am pleased to inform you that you have qualified for an award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets.  Congratulations.  These tickets are valid for travel anywhere in the Continental U.S. from any major international airport.  The retail value of this award is up to $1,400.  Certain restrictions apply.

We have attempted contacting you several times without success.  This is our last attempt.  If we do not hear from you soon, we may need to issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate.

Please call me today at 1-866-593-8946.

Angela King
Vice President

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2011 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airlines/Phoenix-Arizona-/US-Airlines-Company-mailed-me-a-scam-letter-informing-me-of-award-of-2-roundtrip-airline-719133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airlines