Complaint Review: US Airlines

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: Gahenna — Sand Springs Oklahoma United States of America
US Airlines
No return address Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

US Airlines Scam Letter from US Airlines indication I won two free tickets. Phoenix, Arizona

I received the following letter from US Airlines dated October 22nd, 2012.

Note: You must respond no later than October 31st, 2012

Dear James,

I am pleased to inform you that you have qualified for an award of 2 roundtrip airline tickets.  Congratulations.  These tickets are valid for travel anywhere in the Continental U.S. from any major international airport.  The retail value of this award is up to $1,298.00.  Certain restrictions apply.

We have attempted contacting you several times without success.  This is our last attempt.  If we do not hear from you soon, we may need to issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate.

Please call me today at 1-866-753-5083.

Regards,
Jaqueline Simms
Vice President.

This was unsolicited and I did not sign up for any contest or anything else to win air line tickets.  I also have googled and found that it was a scam.  We need to get these people to stop trying to scam americans out of their hard earned money.  What can we do to stop them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airlines/Phoenix-Arizona-/US-Airlines-Scam-Letter-from-US-Airlines-indication-I-won-two-free-tickets-Phoenix-Ariz-961435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airlines