Complaint Review: US Airways

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2011

• Reported By:Lake Hopatcong New Jersey
US Airways
4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

US Airways US Airways Dividend Miles Ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

*Author of original report: US Airways Ripoff Dividend miles

*Author of original report: US Airways Dividend Miles Ripoff

My 55,000 dividend miles were deleted!!! Us Airways claimed that
"Prior to January 31, 2007, miles were forfeited after 36 months of inactivity. Active membership status was based on having earned or redeemed miles within a consecutive 36-month period. Your account showsthat your last activity date was 07/28/2000 and 55,500 miles were permanently deleted. Unfortunately our Mileage Reactivation Policy does not allow for the reinstatement of permanently deleted miles."

However, as of April 2006, I had 55,000 dividend miles because I enrolled before a certain period and the policy, even in the year about 2000, stated that new account dividend miles would expired in 36 months except for the member that enrolled before a certain priod of time, which my case is in the categories that my dividend miles would have not expiration date. That is why in April 2006 I still have 55,000 divident miles in my account, as I checked it at that time-in order to try to get a ticket but could not get one.

According to US Airways, it is stated that "Effective January 31, 2007, you must have earned activity or redeemed awards with the last 18 months to stay active and retain the miles in our Dividend Miles account." and the above statement. It does not make sense to me that, when the new policy is in effect in January 31, 2007, my account was deleted. How can the policy has an effect backward? The policy should be started on January 31, 2007 and at that time, my mileges should still be 55,000. And now I should be able to have that milege upto July 31, 2008 but I don't have any.

Could somebody help me? I was ripped off by US Airways.

TS
July 22, 2008

Thitima
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/US-Airways-US-Airways-Dividend-Miles-Ripoff-Phoenix-Arizona-354431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: R. Bulleit - (United States of America)

I am working toward bringing a class action lawsuit (Plaintiff suit) against US Airways for Contract Breach an Civil Extortion exerted upon US Airways Customers. I am researching and building the case now. Please contact me at  rbulleit@aol.com

Please put in subject line "US Airways Class Action Lawsuit"

R Bulleit.

US Airways Ripoff Dividend miles

AUTHOR: TS - (U.S.A.)

I am trying to reach the people who were ripped off from their 2007 policy. I am gathering information right now. If possible, please email me.

US Airways Dividend Miles Ripoff

AUTHOR: TS - (U.S.A.)

I am not the only victim. As I did some search, there are blogs that people have the same problem too.