Complaint Review: U.S Airways

• Submitted: Fri, July 06, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2007

• Reported By:Stafford Virginia
U.S Airways
.usairways.com Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 303-344-8069
  • Web:
  • Category: Airlines

U.S Air - U.S Airways dumped me in Pittsburgh and then gave me a bogus voucher ripoff Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I purchased a flight package from US Airways. Part of the trip included a connection in Pittsburgh PA coming from Cinncinati OH. For some reason they delayed (they never did say why it was delayed). Our flight got to Pittsburgh late. As myself and several other passengers expressed concern about our connecting flights some of the staff told us that they could call ahead. When I asked the Service Agent in Pittsburgh could he please call to the gate for my connecting flight and see if they could wait a few moments he told me that they were still there and then he waived me off as though I were bothering him. I ran through the airport trying to make that connecting flight only to miss it by two minutes. They told me that they could give me a voucher to stay the night in a hotel. The problem was that the voucher they gave me was for a hotel that no longer existed. This meant I had to find a hotel at 1:00am in the morning. You ask why did it take so long? I had to argue with the manager at US Airways for over an hour before I got the bogus hotel voucher. He was the rudest person I had ever encountered in this type of situation. He told me that this is what I should expect and that I was being unreasonable to expect them to honor their word or tickets. I later called US Airways to tell them of my issue their response was to send me a voucher for another flight where I would have to spend at least 154.00 just to get 25.00 off.

Stafford, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2007 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania/US-Air-US-Airways-dumped-me-in-Pittsburgh-and-then-gave-me-a-bogus-voucher-ripoff-Pit-259116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S Airways