Complaint Review: US Airways

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
US Airways
111W Rio Salado Parkway Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

US Airways Won't use lowest priced fare Tempe Arizona

We purchased tickets to fly to FT Lauderdale, FL for $748. Prior to the flight I was diagnosed with stage IIIC colon cancer. DR wouldn't allow me to leave. I called US Airways and asked what my options were, they said I could use the tickets for a later flight but they had to be used prior to May 5 2009. I asked what happens if I die before I can use the ticket. The man said," Send us a copy of your death certificate and we will send you a refund."

My e-ticket says I can change the reservation subject to a $150 change fee and the new itinerary will be priced at the lowest available published fare at the time of the change.

I found tickets to Colorado Springs for $579 total to fly for Christmas. I figured if I paid an additional $131 over the $748 I have already paid, I could buy the tickets. US Airways tells me I have to pay $300 in addition to the $748 I have already paid and this is for a 1 1/2 hour flight to Colorado Springs from Phoenix. The oncologist is telling me I have less than a year to live.

If I were certain he was correct, I would fly to Colorado Springs on Frontier and let US Airways refund the price of my ticket after I die. However, I don't intend to die just to make them provide a little customer service. After talking with their customer service, I think even dying wouldn't get them to provide any customer service.

Oldfogy
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/Tempe-Arizona-85281/US-Airways-Wont-use-lowest-priced-fare-Tempe-Arizona-1034141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways