Complaint Review: US Airways

• Submitted: Fri, May 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 06, 2008

• Reported By:St. Petersburg Florida
US Airways
P.O. Box 5 Winston-Salem, North Carolina U.S.A.

US Airways Frequent Flyer Mile Ripoff Winston-Salem North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: no ripoff here

*Consumer Suggestion: US Airways Dividend Miles Ripoff

I called US Airways to get status of over 50K of frequent flyer miles, as I had stopped getting mailings from the airline. (No, I haven't moved and the airline has the correct address.) I found out that since I hadn't flown in over 18 months, I lost all of my miles. (The only reason why I haven't recently flown US Airways was due to the airline cutting back direct flights from nearest airport.)

I was told that everyone was notified of the change in emails and physical mailings. I don't believe this, as I'm fastidious about these sorts of things, and I haven't had this problem with at least 6 other similar awards programs- each of which has changed activity or time limits over the last couple years. All of those programs clearly label expiration date of mileage/points in their statements.

No wonder the airlines have gone bankrupt . . . .

John
St. Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2007 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27102-0005/US-Airways-Frequent-Flyer-Mile-Ripoff-Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-246896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways

no ripoff here

AUTHOR: I Travel For Work - (U.S.A.)

A frequent flyer program is just that a program to reward frequent flyers, not the person that earns some miles and then doesnt fly the airline. Today's frequent flyer programs all have some sort of expiration policy. Something that has been communicated in many ways by emails, mailed letters, website postings, etc. Also you could have always checked your account information online or called to check on it. So while it may stink you've lost miles, the airline didn't rip you off at all.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

US Airways Dividend Miles Ripoff

AUTHOR: TS - (U.S.A.)

I was ripped off too. I am trying to reach the people who were ripped off from their 2007 policy. I am gathering information right now. If possible, please email me.