chlorine

• Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: Baltimore, MD — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
U.S Airways
111 W. Rio Salado Parkway Internet United States of America

U.S Airways Discrimination, Non-Synchronizing international flight times(dealing with time zone changes), Rude Customer Service, Refusal to Accommodate, Refusal to Refund Internet

*Consumer Comment: More likely

*Consumer Comment: More Likely

*Consumer Comment: Not clear

On August 24th, 2010 I choose to return home to Baltimore from the Caribbean using U.S. Airways.  This was my first time traveling on U.S. Airways, and as you will read, turned out to be the most degrading experience I ever experienced in my life.

My flight was scheduled to arrive at CLT airport in NC at around 6:15 p.m., and leave for Baltimore at around 7:45 p.m.  In the summer Eastern American time is one hour ahead.  The 6:15 p.m. was synchronized with caribbean time, not eastern time.  when leaving the terminal I noticed the time read 7:15 p.m which meant I had only 30 minutes to get my bags and go through security.

I missed my plane.  When I saw the representatives I was given a ticket for the next plane, but was told I can only go on if a schedule passenger did not show.  Everyone showed, so I was given another ticket for the flight after that one.  Everyone showed showed for this second flight, and I was given yet another ticket for the last flight scheduled for 10:30 p.m. to Baltimore.

At this time, I was tired and angry, especially because the representative at this time was being rude by not answering my questions about what was being done to get me home or accommodating me for the night.  They began to talk down to me, and treat me like I was a threat.

The last flight had many open seats, but at this time I was furious at the negative way they were treating me.  While walking on the plane I said,  "you all are treating me like a terrorist."  I sat down, and started to relax when the representative came to me and said I had to get off the plane without telling me why.  I got off the plane, they closed the door, and took off without me.

After the plane took off, the representative told me that a woman told her I was following her, and that my ethnic look was intimidating other.  This was such a lie.  I was so hurt, I began to cry.  The representative gave a ticket for the morning, but while I was getting myself together, she left me stranded in the cold airport without providing any assistant and accommodations for the night.  I could not believe what was happening.  I had to spend my own money for a room at the days in (who I might say, had great customer service).

Once home, I complained and demanded my ticket and hotel monies back from the headquarters, but was told no, not even for the hotel.  I tried to find a lawyer to file a discrimination case, but became exhausted when I could not.  I decided to warn people, and to boycott U.S. Airways forever.  Even if I found a ticket for a dollar for this airline, I and my family will never, ever travel with this racist airline again.

I hope my experience help you to choose wisely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/internet/US-Airways-Discrimination-Non-Synchronizing-international-flight-timesdealing-with-tim-902844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S Airways

More likely

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Team Rebutt is making up something just to post, butt they always look stupid

More Likely

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It is more likely that your flight was delayed and they tried to accommodate you.  But you left out a few key details to know for sure.

You said when you were leaving the terminal you noticed it was 7:15.  You don't just land and a minute later leave the terminal, especially on an International flight.  What exactly do you consider "leaving the terminal"?  How much time passed between the time you landed and left the terminal?

What was the date you traveled and the flight number in question from the Caribbean.

Everyone showed showed for this second flight, and I was given yet another ticket for the last flight scheduled for 10:30 p.m. to Baltimore. At this time, I was tired and angry, especially because the representative at this time was being rude by not answering my questions about what was being done to get me home or accommodating me for the night.
They just gave you a ticket on the next available flight.

- That should tell you all you need to know about how valid your claims of discrimination are.

Not clear

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

The information you gave about flight scheduling is unclear (or not make sense). Did you book the international flight altogether with the U.S. Airways? If so, usually the airline usually does not let you do that because of not enough transit time. The airline would also warn you (usually via email and on their online) if the transit time is less than 1 hour between an international and domestic flight. If not, then it is your fault that read the time wrong.

When no attorney wants to take your case, it is a clue that you won't win the case. The reason could be from the above I mentioned. The latter behaviour of their crew and you may not be that significant enough to overcome the mistake done earlier on the flight schedule. In other words, what your reaction (in a negative way as you described) may be the cause of you missing the flight (others heard what you said to the crews).