Complaint Review: US Airways

• Updated: Sun, November 06, 2005

• Reported By:San Jose California
US Airways
usairways.com Internet U.S.A.

U.S. Airways Reservation Website Terrible Business Practices - Incompetent Employees - Don't Use Their Website Internet

I decided to buy a ticket from U.S. Airways because it had the best schedule for my husband's travel during Thanksgiving 2005 even though the price was $100 more than other airline carriers.

As an experienced Internet professional, I used their website at http://www.usairways.com to purchase a ticket. First, I selected the schedule. Then they asked me to create a user account. Immediately after creating the user account it took me to the purchase screen where I was to put in my credit card number. I put in my information but didn't realize that the website had automatically put MY name in as the traveler. I click the "Cancel Purchase" button, but the website froze. My transaction went through under the wrong traveler name.

I immediately called US Airways and was told there was nothing they could do. If I cancelled the ticket, they would send me a voucher to use for my own future travel. I told them that I don't fly - haven't flown in over 5 years and that I desperately needed to change the ticket into my husbands name. I made call after call and received nothing except rude and inept US Airways employees. The last one told me that I "need to take responsibilities for my actions."

Their website is a mess. There is not a review screen that says "Is this information correct?" before purchasing the ticket. They AUTOMATICALLY fill in the traveler's name, not realizing that you may be purchasing for someone else. Terrible, terrible website, business practices and company.

Now my only recourse is to refuse the charge on my credit card or else lose $500. Please do not fly on US Airways. They are a total rip-off. And to top it off, they tell me that other people have the same complaints as I do. If this is the case then there IS a problem with their business practices!

Barbara
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2005 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/internet/US-Airways-Reservation-Website-Terrible-Business-Practices-Incompetent-Employees-Don-163557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways