Complaint Review: US Airways

• Submitted: Sun, August 14, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, August 14, 2011

• Reported By: Joe — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
US Airways

US Airways, US Air Cancelled my Flight and Charges me $150. Change Fee, Internet

I purchased a US airways ticket to Boston with a stopover, when I got to the stopover I was told my connection was cancelled, they put me on a flight 6 hours later.    Meanwhile my return flight was for the same day.  Had I takem the flight 6 hours later, I would of gotten there too late to take my return flight.    I missed my appointment, wasted the day and incurred expenses, and aggravation.  I returned to my departure destination without ever getting to Boston.
US Airways refused to refund my ticket.  I was told for a $150.  change fee I can  reuse whateve is left on the ticket.

NO way will I fly US Air, I should have been notified that my connnection was cancelled before I departed ,they had my contact info, and they refuse to refund my return flight when I could never of made it because they cancelled my outboumd flight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2011 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/internet/US-Airways-US-Air-Cancelled-my-Flight-and-Charges-me-150-Change-Fee-Internet-765120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways