Complaint Review: US Airways

• Updated: Wed, November 03, 2010

• Reported By: mattyr — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
US Airways
Nationwide United States of America

US Airways Fees for redistributing miles to account due to cancelled trip Nationwide

My wife and I had to cancel a trip last minute to due a death of someone close to us.  We were set to fly a US Airways flight to San Francisco using my reward miles.  These are miles that I earn traveling for business.  I was told by US Airways that it would cost me $300.00 to re deposit my miles back to my account ($150.00 per ticket).  So much for loyalty.  These flights are overbooked to begin with and US Air would simply upgrade another loyal member of it's "Rewards Program" and then fill the empty coach seats with someone from standby.  In my opinion this re deposit fee is a complete scam and is yet another fee imposed on air travelers to make up for airlines horrible business practices.  US Airway's business formula- Fees + Fees + Fees = Profit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2010 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Airways/nationwide/US-Airways-Fees-for-redistributing-miles-to-account-due-to-cancelled-trip-Nationwide-657973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Airways