Complaint Review: US BANK

• Submitted: Wed, July 02, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2008

• Reported By:OWENSBORO Kentucky
US BANK
4801 FREDERICA ST OWENSBORO Kentucky 42301 Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 270-689-7378
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

US BANK OR US BANK HOME MORTGAGE BEWARE OF THIS BANK... BEWARE OF THIS MORTGAGE COMPANY US BANK OWENSBORO KENTUCKY

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Your claim is unfounded

*Consumer Comment: Did you buy gasoline at the pump?

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a ripoff!

Beware of the money you have in your account if you Bank with US BANK. I recently went to a teller and specifically asked for a balance of my account. Knowing that I did not have any transactions within the past 6 days. The teller gave me a available balance and I withdrew $380 to pay some bills and for spending, knowing that I had left a padding in the bank and I expected a direct deposit from my employer to be hitting the account. So I went on with my business thinking my account was fine. Only to find out that a gas station purchase had been sitting for 6 days and overdrew my account by $1.75 and then by a starbucks purchase of 3.75. The bank charged a nsf fee of $37.00 then another $37.00 and then they hit the account with what they call an account overdraft service fee of $24.00 and on top of that $8.00 per day the account was overdrafted in which I found out around 7 days later so add another $56.00. So now my account if overdrawn with service fees totaling around $200. So I call in and speak with a Judy, she tells me there is nothing she can do until the account is paid up and then she can see what can be done but she only has the authority to authorize $12 credit.... What!!! are you kidding me..... She tried to scare me into paying the fees because she said my account will be hit with the $8 a day fee until the end of the month and then the account will close and another fee of $30 for closing the account and then it will be sent to collections and scar my credit with the chexsystem which only banks use for account holders and I won't be able to open another account with another bank. So my account is up to $270 overdrawn at this time and is probably heading to collections at this moment. Withdraw all your money now, this bank is in financial trouble and they are using desparate measures!!!

Us bank Home Mortgage Crooks
OWENSBORO, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2008 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-BANK/nationwide/US-BANK-OR-US-BANK-HOME-MORTGAGE-BEWARE-OF-THIS-BANK-BEWARE-OF-THIS-MORTGAGE-COMPANY-US-346646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US BANK

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You are so far off base it's not even funny.
Read news reports. You will find that US Bank (the 6th largest commercial bank in the United states) is one of a very few major banks that is NOT in trouble thanks to the intelligence and business-mind of CEO, Richard Davis and his well qualified team.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

If you don't believe me, look them up on Forbes or Fortune 500.

Did you buy gasoline at the pump?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

When you do it that way, that transaction doesn't appear in your balance until it is pretty much about to hard post. Just keep track of your purchases, don't rely on the bank's toll free number or online banking and you'll be fine. I was caught in the same trap a couple of times and it is a bit of effort to manage your accounts, but you will be far better off if you do.

Not a ripoff.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Not a ripoff!

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

Why is it the bank's fault that you didn't balance your account? You went off their balance - which at that time wouldn't include a gas purchase from 6 days ago! So by not knowing that it hadn't cleared yet, your account wasn't balanced.

So withdraw cash, and I guess use the card at Starbucks even though you had cash at that point, and want to blame the bank?

And why would you get hit with $8 a day fees when your direct deposit should be coming in to pay it off?