Complaint Review: US Bancorp

• Updated: Mon, August 22, 2011

• Reported By: GinaO001 — Los Angeles California United States of America
US Bancorp
22150 Hawthorne Blvd Torrance, California United States of America

US Bancorp US Bank Predatory fees, overdraft, bad customer service, holding payments, misinformation Torrance, California

US Bank is the absolute worst, least ethical and predatory bank I have ever had the displeasure of having an account with. Their fees are hidden and exorbitant. Most of their staff gives misinformation which costs the customer and which they will not rectify. You could end up in real trouble if you are not constantly checking up on the bank and your account.

I closed my account in June 2011 because I noticed they had been charging exorbitant fees and overdraft fees with no overdraft and no longer offered free checking. They started charging for all checking accounts if certain criteria were not met. They told me I had to wait for the account to be closed because a $10.00 charge which was made a before had still not been paid by the bank! They did this to charge me the next months fee on keeping the account open.

After I closed my account, I was sent a letter for a $20.00 fee on .23cents of overdraft I was never informed of when I closed my account. I called and was told to disregard. I received a second letter with $40.00 in overdraft fees. I called to clear up the situation and asked the fees be waived since they had given me incorrect information. I was told nothing could be done and if I didn't pay it, more fees would be incurred. Stay away from this bank if you want a sound mind and your money safe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2011 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bancorp/Torrance-California-90503/US-Bancorp-US-Bank-Predatory-fees-overdraft-bad-customer-service-holding-payments-misi-768520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bancorp