Complaint Review: US Bank Home Loans

• Submitted: Thu, July 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Ridgway Colorado
US Bank Home Loans
usbank.com Montrose, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

US Bank Home Loans US Bank lies to its customers. Stay away. Montrose Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Really?

My husband and I were trying to refinance our home loan and get some cash back. I went in and met with US bank and they said we were approved as long as our appraisal hit a certain number. While I was there I told the U.S. Bank Employee that my husband and I were buying a new business and would be closing soon. She chatted with me about the business, etc. Our appraisal came back higher than expected so we were called by a US bank employee who said "You are approved for the loan, it will probably be 60 days."

I corresponded with the US bank employee weekly and everything was going smoothly. At the 60 day mark she said, US Bank was behind on mortgages and it would be be another week. Then one week later she called me and told me that my husband and I were NOT approved because we had purchased a business. I told her we were buying a business the first day I went into her office and wrote her a $425.00 check, and she said nothing about us not being approved because of the circumstances.

I called the bank manager at the Montrose location and he talked with me saying he would do everything to help and said he would call me back the next day. He never called back.

The mortgage broker I had worked with the whole time called me the next day and said she could make it work as long as I could supply FAKE pay stubs from my husband's previous job! She wanted me to ask his former employer for FAKE pay stubs in order to approve the loan.

US bank is corrupt! I had an honest application, great credit scores, great appraisal and provided all the information in a timely manner, and they wanted me to LIE on my application!

STAY AWAY FROM US BANK!!!

Alison
Ridgway, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2009 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank-Home-Loans/Montrose-Colorado-81401/US-Bank-Home-Loans-US-Bank-lies-to-its-customers-Stay-away-Montrose-Colorado-467134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank Home Loans

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Really?

AUTHOR: I Am The Law - (U.S.A.)

So, the broker is asking for fraudulent documentation in order to approve a loan? Wow, that's way beyond illegal.