Complaint Review: US Bank Home Mortgage

• Updated: Fri, April 23, 2010

• Reported By: san — melrose park Illinois United States of America
US Bank Home Mortgage
St. Loius, MO St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

US Bank Home Mortgage US Bank Does not want to modify my fradulent mortgage, no cooperation from bank St. Louis, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: What?

US Bank has totally screws us.  Our home was appraised for more than it was worth in 2008, by their appraisal company using a non existing bathroom that does not belong in my home.  (i didn't notice until after the closing)  After loosing my job at the end of 2008, we started the modification process.  They told us we were approved in June 2009, then they came back & said we were denied in November 2009.  They tried to refinance us but came back with a mortgage payment higher than the one we already had.  (we lost that appraisal money $350) bcuz we didn't like their offer on the re-fi that made no sense.  We started working with a HUd agency to try to modify again & they are refusing to cooperate.  I'm going to loose my home.  We CAN afford to pay a mortgage, we are just trying to make our payment smaller.  We had excellent credit until they started messing with it.

Is anyone out there having similar issues with US Bank?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2010 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank-Home-Mortgage/St-Louis-Missouri-63179/US-Bank-Home-Mortgage-US-Bank-Does-not-want-to-modify-my-fradulent-mortgage-no-cooperatio-595987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank Home Mortgage

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Okay, IF this is true you probably have a good case against the apprasial company, the bank, your real estate agent, and the escrow company, and you may even hold some responsibility.  Because if I read this right you are basically saying that they added an entire bathroom to the house.  If so, it is very hard to miss an apprasial report that says you have 3 bathrooms if you only have 2.

But as to a couple of your other comments..

We CAN afford to pay a mortgage, we are just trying to make our payment smaller.

- Okay EVERYONE can afford A mortgage.  The key is to find that amount.

We had excellent credit until they started messing with it.

-  It is not their fault that you lost your job.  It is not their fault that you are struggling making the payments.  Yes it sucks, but when you got the mortgage the deal was that you would make the payments as agreed.  As sad as you may think it is, owning a home is not a right.  But as I said before, if there was some fraud in the initial apprasial that would have changed things you need to really investigate that to see if you have any remedies.