Complaint Review: US Bank In Las Vegas Nevada-W. Charleston And Aliante

• Submitted: Sun, August 09, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, August 09, 2009

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
US Bank In Las Vegas Nevada-W. Charleston And Aliante
9801 W Charleston Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

US Bank In Las Vegas Nevada-W. Charleston And Aliante Won't open new account for my son because dad is in Chexsystems..... Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: different bank

I am a Jr. and my son is a III who just turned 18 & wanted to open a checking account. We went to US Bank where they took my son's information, i.e. social security #, DOB, address etc. A DECLINE came up for my son because I am in Chexsystems which I recently found out about (after 35 years of banking & never a problem until US Bank closed my business and personal account for "cause". Apparently US Bank had a former employee who they claim opened many accounts incorrectly and I happened to be one of those people so they closed my accounts. I am fighting this.).

So, US Bank implied that I (Dad) had used my son's ss# to open my original accounts even though they were able to pull up my profile under my social. US Bank implied some type of "fraud" that was going on here and they would have to look in to the situation before they could open the account for my son. My son turned 18 in July 09. We have the same name except for the Jr and III situation going on. We both have birthdays in July, live at the same address, have the same phone # etc. How could US Bank and Chexsystems make an assumption that we are being fraudulent?

There is a glitch in the Chexsystems and US Banks also. My son and I are two different people & proved our individual criteria to the bank but they still don't believe us. This makes NO SENSE to me what so ever and frustrates me. Now my son will be penalized for something that happened to me. I don't want to see his future credit affected etc.

US Bank's Aliante branch started all of this crap over a former employee, paranoia and poor business practices and we are suffering for it! My son can't even open an account at another bank due to Chexsystems and he has never had an account in the past! He doesn't even have a credit profile established yet. Way to go US Bank and Chexsystems, thanks for ruining a consumer's life before they even get started.

BOB
las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2009 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank-In-Las-Vegas-Nevada-W-Charleston-And-Aliante/Las-Vegas-Nevada/US-Bank-In-Las-Vegas-Nevada-W-Charleston-And-Aliante-Wont-open-new-account-for-my-son-be-477922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank In Las Vegas Nevada-W. Charleston And Aliante

#1 Consumer Suggestion

different bank

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Why not try to go to a different bank. I am usually on the bank's side but in this case I think they are incompetent. I would also take on Chexsystem too. You need to get all this straightened out. Who know how it will affect your son's credit score.