Complaint Review: US Bank ReliaCard

• Submitted: Thu, December 01, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2011

• Reported By: rocky7723 — Portland Oregon United States of America
US Bank ReliaCard

US Bank ReliaCard Refused to cancel a fraudulent transaction issued on my card Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: They didn't explain it very well.

11 hours after my unemployment was loaded on my card in Oregon, where I live and were I am physically , it was unloaded, used for a gas purchase in the state of Conneticut. My local US Bank branch said it was a ReliaCard issue and US Bank ReliaCard said it was my issue or "problem", that in 4 to 5 days I could disput the transaction if I cared to, otherwise Tough Luck! They also had the audacity to ask me if I was sure I did not purchase the gas, this was after I spent $16 at the college bookstore in Hillsboro Oregon then 2 hours later bought Gas in Uncasville Connecticut and returned home, 6,000 miles in less than 4 hours, would'nt NASA be proud of me, and with all that trafic in between.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank-ReliaCard/internet/US-Bank-ReliaCard-Refused-to-cancel-a-fraudulent-transaction-issued-on-my-card-Internet-803726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank ReliaCard

They didn't explain it very well.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"US Bank ReliaCard said it was my issue or "problem", that in 4 to 5 days I could disput the transaction if I cared to, otherwise Tough Luck! "

That is how debit cards work.   The gas purchase you saw is probably a "hold", which is issued at the time the card is used.  The transaction is not official until the merchant submits the actual transaction information to the bank.  This routinely takes 3 to 5 days.  You cannot dispute a "hold", so you have to wait for the transaction to clear.

In the meantime, you should have had your old card cancelled and ordered a new card.  If someone really has your card info, they could use it again.