Complaint Review: US Bank

• Reported By: NightRavenX — Arcadia California United States of America
US Bank
1101 W. Huntington Drive Arcadia, California United States of America

US Bank US Bank Temporarily DESTROYED My Name. Arcadia, California

*Author of original report: I was NEVER given a chance to correct the problem.

*Consumer Comment: kenny is flaky

*Consumer Comment: You fell for an old scam and now you blame the bank....

Last month (November 2012) I accepted a job as a "Mystery Shopper". I received a check in the mail for $1,290.00. I
contacted the supposed employer and they gave me instructions on how to spend the money and send reports to them. I then deposited the check and waited for it to clear. Once the check cleared, I called the company to advise them. They advised me to follow their instructions on how to spend the funds. I did part of what I was told to do before the check came back as bad. My Bank, (U.S. Bank) then closed my account, reported me to Chexsystems and sent my account to
collections all in one week
. I was never given a chance to correct the issue.  Plus, because U.S. Bank reported me to Chexsystems, My secondary bank (Citibank)closed the account I had with them.

Personally, I feel this was Bad Business on the part of U.S. Bank because I've had my account with them for approximately 7-8 years and NEVER had a situation like this. Now because I have been reported to Chexsystems, I can't open a bank account. Also, The Collection Agency Harasses me on a daily basis. I am now seeking Legal Counsel to file a suit against US Bank for Defamation of Character.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2012 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank/Arcadia-California-91007/US-Bank-US-Bank-Temporarily-DESTROYED-My-Name-Arcadia-California-976629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank

I was NEVER given a chance to correct the problem.

AUTHOR: NightRavenX - (United States of America)

My grievance is based on the fact that I could have fixed the problem, but was never given a chance to do so. They did everything without notifying me first to fix the problem. That's my complaint. I found out about my account being closed 2 days after they had already closed the account. Again, I WAS NEVER GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO FIX THE ISSUE.

kenny is flaky

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

as is all his rebutts

You fell for an old scam and now you blame the bank....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Good luck with your "legal counsel" and filing suit against them for defamation of character.  You don't have a legal leg to stand on.

You also stated: "I was never given a chance to correct the issue."

You also said: "The Collection Agency Harasses me on a daily basis.."

If you were able to "correct the issue", why are you now having to deal with collections?

Your story is a little flaky and YOU are the one who fell for the cash the check and send most of the money to someone...usually by Green Dot or Western Union, so it can't be traced.

Hope this keeps you or someone else from doing this in the future.