Complaint Review: US Bank

• Reported By: survivor — Eagan
US Bank
3666 Kolstad Rd Eagan, Minnesota United States of America

US Bank Mortgage company HAMP program Eagan, Minnesota

Sept 2010 I applied for chapter 13 due to a bad business venture gone bad. I was making my payments until March 2011 when I lost my job. I had to file for chapter 7 due to not able to continue my payments for chap 13. I was collecting unemployment which helped make my house payment. 2012 I wasn't receiving unemployment any longer and fell behind two months in my house payment. I was approached by my mortgage company, USBank stating they could help me. My home was upside down and I wouldn't even be able to sell it for what I still owed.

I agreed
 to the HAMP program application and worked on all the required paperwork. I was told I qualified for the program and would be on the trail period of three months paying the reduced payment. I was assigned a contact person Lindsey Morris, Mortgage Assistance Point Relationship Manager who would call me weekly making sure very thing was on track and if I had any questions, etc. She was super personable and made me feel I was secure and no worries.

On March 13, 2013 I receive a letter from USBank that I had been denied due to credit reporting agencies. Today, April 3, 2013 I received a call from a gentleman from USBank stating I am in "foreclosure" stating tomorrow. Do I have any questions? "Yes", I said. Why did I receive a letter of denial due to my credit report? "OH NO, that's not why you were denied. It was due to you filing chapter 13 and changing to a chapter 7. Chapter 7 is not allowed to file for HAMP program."  I said, "It took you months and months to let me know this when you knew this the first day I applied?"

He blamed it on my relationship manager for not letting me know this. I told him it is a
SCAM. This appears to be the process of the bank. From what I have been hearing after the fact. They are "vultures" looking for victims and make believe they are helping the victim keep thier home when in fact they are getting money from the government and in turn take our home in the end. It's a win win situation for the bank and a loss for the owner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank/Eagan-Minnesota-55123/US-Bank-Mortgage-company-HAMP-program-Eagan-Minnesota-1040332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank