jumped

• Updated: Mon, June 20, 2011

• Reported By: kellie — lincoln Nebraska United States of America
US Bank
2640 Ticonderoga Drive Lincoln, Nebraska United States of America

US Bank US Bancorp promote bank programs they can not control charging fees to account Lincoln, Nebraska

*Consumer Comment: PEBKAC

*Consumer Comment: You got screwed

*Consumer Comment: REALLY????

I signed up for bill pay at thier advisement and was told I would be able to see payments to verify paid and I would select amount and date to be paid.  I signed up and was unable to see the automatic payment I thought I had scheduled so I went in and paid the bill on my own.  Two days later, a double payment was paid from my account also, which totaled three payments of which all three would not clear my account.  I called the bank officer to straighten it out and was told there was nothing they could do as I had set the service up and they could not contol the bill pay portion of the account.  After trying to resolve the situation for several days it was suggested that I put a pay advance due in 30 days on the account so as not to have any returned items until the situation was resolved.  Apparently, the pay advance is set up to take the loan out as soon as my next deposit posted which was in 8 days at full interest.  That meant that my entire paycheck was taken to pay off the loan, due in another 22 days, and I was charged all kinds of fees because other bills I had set up were automatically taken as well.  The total in fees at this time was $225.  plus the amount of the payments that were not able to be made which totaled $836.00 and service charge fees for returned checks of $561 making the total owed to the bank at $1995.00.  After trying to get the bill pay to stop hitting my account every 2 weeks for 4 months to collect the $836.00 I had already paid to my creditors as well as the current payments, I am still told there is no way to stop the bill pay because it is handled by another company called US Bank bill pay services, which they can not control and US Bank bill pay services can not control the bill pay until it is paid it will continue to try to come out.  They claim they are collecting the monies owed to my creditors, who know nothing about the bill pay still trying to collect the payments for them.  I have since had my account closed out and been turned over to a collection agency and had a bad report on my credit which keeps me from opening up another account until this is resolved with US Bank.  I am currently seeking legal help to find an attorney to help me sue US Bank for what ever I can as they offer services to thier customers which are not controlled by the bank, which is not disclosed, charge accessive fees, mislead consumers with the pay advance.

Beware, they are not a company you can afford to trust with your finances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank/Lincoln-Nebraska-68502/US-Bank-US-Bancorp-promote-bank-programs-they-can-not-control-charging-fees-to-account-L-738523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Bank

PEBKAC

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Hmmm.

That's odd...

I've been using their online bill pay service for a decade and this has never happened to me. It's probably a PEBKAC error. In other words, Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

You got screwed

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

BIGTIME!

-" was unable to see the automatic payment I thought I had scheduled"

-" a double payment was paid from my account also, which totaled three payments"

And as usual, US Bank refuses to do ANYTHING about it.

What a bunch of SCUMBAGS!

AT LEAST 450 REPORTS TODAY!

What good company to be in!

REALLY????

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Ok, so you scheduled a payment for your bill two days out AND you paid it on your own, and you think this is the bank's fault????

Seriously?