Complaint Review: U.S. Bank

• Updated: Wed, October 26, 2011

• Reported By: Emma — Hawthorne California United States of America
U.S. Bank
Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

U.S. Bank US Bank, U.S. Bancorp Business personal and credit banking rip off Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: What?

BEWARE of any business credit cards or banking with US bank.  They solicit you with a promo rate with a
lower interest rate and then not only lock your higher interest rate purchase balance behind the lower rate balance, but your payment won't be applied to the interest charged at the higher rate.  This means that they will add the interest charged at the purchase rate to the purchase balance then charge interest on the interest.  Due to this compounding, in 8 months of paying more than the minimum payment, a $1497 balance has increased by $291.

I only made that purchase because I was misinformed by one of their representatives that I could pay off the higher rate balance.  US bank refuses to take responsibility for the misinformation and refuses to accommodate my account in any way to show that they value me as a customer.  I have never missed a payment and they are making money off of me, but they are clearly not interested in a long term relationship with anyone using these practices.  When speaking with a supervisor she showed zero concern when I expressed they would be losing my business and that I would be making my voice heard on the internet.  They simply DON'T CARE about the customer.   I already closed my banking accounts with US bank because of their very strange way of doing business and total lack of interest in happy customers.  If you are considering US bank, move on and find a small community bank that will value you and treat you fairly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank/Minneapolis-Minnesota-/US-Bank-US-Bank-US-Bancorp-Business-personal-and-credit-banking-rip-off-Minneapolis-792200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Bank

What?

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

I literally have no idea what you're saying here.

So, do you have two credit accounts with them? One with a lower promo rate and one with a higher rate?

definite