cholesterol

Complaint Review: U.S. Bank

• Submitted: Thu, March 18, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, May 20, 2010

• Reported By: Erixium — Evans Colorado U.S.A.
U.S. Bank
800 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

U.S. Bank US Bankcorp US Bank Employees Steal ATM Cash Deposits, Bank Refuses to Investigate Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Anyone can Google this...

*Consumer Comment: *Anyone can 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to that site and....

*General Comment: to i amthelaw and bank defenders

*Consumer Comment: "Internet research"? You're more pathetic than I thought...

*Consumer Comment: No, I am dead on Truth Detector...

*Consumer Comment: Ooh...close...so close...but WRONG, Ronny...

*Consumer Comment: It continues because the bank defenders don't stop..

*Consumer Comment: For what purpose does this rant continue?

*Consumer Comment: petty nonsense..

*Consumer Comment: Babies need proof, I guess.

*Consumer Comment: I am the laws "few" examples..

*Consumer Comment: Not really trying to argue I am the Law..

*Consumer Comment: A new player?

*Consumer Comment: what does the coin have to do with the deposit

*Consumer Comment: Sigh

*Consumer Comment: I am not satisfied....

*Consumer Comment: Told you.

*Author of original report: Issue Has Been Resolved.

*General Comment: No one stole your $20..

*Consumer Comment: Erixium

*Author of original report: US Bank ATMs are Designed to Rob Customers

*Author of original report: US Bank ATMs are Designed to Rob Customers

*Consumer Comment: Still sticking to my opinion.

*Consumer Comment: That's right, the bank must investigate..

*Author of original report: US Bank Won't Correct Honest Mistakes

*Consumer Comment: No one took your money.

I accidentally entered an incorrect amount when completing a cash deposit at a US Bank ATM machine. I entered .20 instead of 20.00, as a result, I was charged $60.00 of overdraft charges. The bank refuses to investigate and correct. I am forced to assume that the employee that opens the case deposit envelopes pocketed the cash and threw in two dimes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Bank/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55402/US-Bank-US-Bankcorp-US-Bank-Employees-Steal-ATM-Cash-Deposits-Bank-Refuses-to-Investiga-582550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Bank

Anyone can Google this...

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Karl, you really need to get off ROR.

No one cares about your stupid Youtube videos or poems. Start your own website if you want to promote that crap.

*Anyone can 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to that site and....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

read the chart of ownership, correct?

WELCOME TO AMERICA- ONE MASSIVE LIE, BEING CONTROLLED BY A CARTEL OF BANKERS WHO ARE OUT TO DEFRAUD THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

*******************************LIE ALERT***********************************

*Anyone can 'Google' this- THERE IS NO GAS SHORTAGE, and go to the BusinessWeek article and read the comment posted on May 31st 2008 at 9:13 PM.

(That comment was posted 4 months BEFORE the "Collapse" of the financial system in America.)

#3 General Comment

to i amthelaw and bank defenders

AUTHOR: Bill d - (U.S.A.)

you guys and gals suck!!!!--to iam the law--you said if you have a positive balance at the end of the day you will not be charged overdraft--this is true-meaning if you have a cushion you will be fine--but most overdrfaters are those that live check to check and after expenses have almost no money in there account at the end of the week--there are however some deadbeats i am sure that make us poor people look bad---so let me break it down as to what happened to me many many times--by the end of the week i will have 5$ in my account with nothing pending!!--i use my debit card on the 1st to spend 3$-meaning i should have 2 left---on the 2nd i get paid 350$---look on the online statement on the 4th and see that the deposit posted on the 4th--so then on the 4th and 5th i spend 3$ here and 6$ there and 69$ here--when i look online on the 6th-i find multiple overdraft fees of 100+ dollars(nearly wiping out my check keep in mind-350$)---then upon looking online the information i saw on there a couple days ago changed and then it says the deposit actually posted on the 6th and that puts me in overdraft---does this truly sound like overdraft to you??--it sounds like fucking with dates to MAKE overdraft---i am so sorry to the bank defenders that the jobs i get does not pay me well and i do not have 200 dollars left over every week in my check to cover purchases---i am sorry i had 5 dollars left every week and spent 3$ to buy gatorade leaving me with 2 dollars left---i am sorry i can record what i do in the order i do it for the banks to reorder it---i am so sorry i look online to see what exactly is going on with my account on the banks side and have them change the information--matter as fact--i am sorry for being a porr deadbeat that somehow can't get his numbers right i guess someone should just kill me for being so useless!!

"Internet research"? You're more pathetic than I thought...

AUTHOR: Truth Detector - (U.S.A.)

What's next? Writing a research paper sourced by Wikipedia?

...and about that search...

As usual, you completely gloss over the TRUTH and move on to something completely irrelevant.

Of course BOA and other banks are ditching "overdraft fees". There will be no overdraft because the customers will not be allowed to have their deadbeat ways covered by the bank. The bank will RETURN those items - and they will charge the customer to do it, as is the case with all banks right now when checks and ACH transactions are returned. Read the new regulations, RonnyG. You will find NOTHING explictly prohibiting banks from charging customers for returned transactions.

Once again, YOU LOSE...game...set...match.

You continue to display your ignorance, but that is absolutely, 100% your right here. It would be bad form for me to deny you that right - especially when it is so amusing to ROR participants with more than half a brain.

No, I am dead on Truth Detector...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

RonnyG: Well I have no idea what your bank does, but my bank does not charge anything if the debit card is declined.

"Obviously, you indeed have NO idea what other banks do. I have banked at many national banks and local credit unions. I have yet to find one that doesn't assess a fee for a declined transaction - regardless of the nature of its initiation."

Well what I do know is based on FACT. Perhaps you need to do a little research..try an internet search for "banks no longer automatically enrolling customer in overdraft protection"..and you will come up with article after article with statements such as these...

No More Automatic Overdraft Fees

New rules for overdraft fees on debit cards may lead to more purchases being declined at the register but, when it comes to consumer protections, it gives consumers the option to avoid paying exorbitant overdraft fees that many banks typically charge.

Bank Of America To Ditch Overdraft Fees

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Under new regulations just announced by the Federal Reserve, banks will no longer be allowed to automatically enroll their customers in expensive overdraft loan programs. Banks will be required to get their customers permission first before they can charge expensive fees when debit and ATM card transactions trigger an overdraft.

I could go on,,there are over 6,700 results using this quote for a search, but I think my point is self evident and I am right. Once again, I am not talking about ACH transactions such as autopays and checks which are of course always have and always will be subject to potential fees, I am talking about the banks no longer automatically enrolling customers in OD coverage on the debit card, which will ELIMINATE the possibility of a fee do to an inadvertent, or intentional overdraft on the debit card..because it would be IMPOSSIBLE. So how can you argue this with me? No matter what kind of BS and nonsense you post in an attempt to discredit me..you can NOT make something that is IMPOSSIBLE, to be possible..sorry Charlie.

RonnyG: Transaction declined, no fee. No re-sequncing, no compounded additional fees can possibly be applied to transactions that had the funds available, which is all re-sequencing ever did as far as the debit card is concerned.

"Wrong again, Ronny. Transactions may still be sequenced at the bank's discretion. The only difference now is the transactions will not be paid. Each declined transaction is still subject to a returned item fee."

No, I am not wrong "again" because I just proved YOU are wrong. The ignorant bank defenders have a bad habit of telling me I am wrong "again" and have yet to prove me wrong one time. So how can someone be wrong "again" if they were not wrong a first time? Explain that please.

As far as what you are talking about in the rest of this statement is over my head, I have no idea what you are referring to. All I can base my facts on, is what the banks are being charged with in the lawsuits, and what the banks I use practice. Chase bank DOES NOT re sequence or re order ANY debit card transactions..they are posted as the occur and as they come in. Want proof...here is an excerpt from my Chase statement...
 04/12/2010      Misc. Debit                NON-CHASE ATM FEE-WITH                              $2.00              $55.60
  04/12/2010      Debit Card Transaction   Purchase $11.61 Cash Back $10.00                $21.61            $57.60
  04/12/2010      ATM Transaction    NON-CHASE ATM WITHDRAW 785712 MAG    $22.75            $79.21
  04/12/2010      Debit Card Transaction    7-ELEVEN 19687 Q NOR 04/-ELEVEN                $17.42            $101.96
  04/12/2010      Debit Card Transaction    CHEVRON 0207887 Q61 S CHEVRON 0     $22.54            $119.38

Notice, nothing is re-sequenced or re-ordered high to low or blaming when the merchant calls it in...the transactions are in order perfectly matching my register..and the balance is shown decreasing as I use the card. So simple, no hanky panky or "slot machine" with the available balance to encourage a mistake or compound fees.

"Now, true to form you will attempt to get the last word here. That is your right, but in my estimation you have not successfully proven how this new regulation will assist with the assessment of fees by deadbeats at any bank but yours."

Well I guess you would like it as left that you say I am wrong without a voice to say I am not wrong. So yes, true to form I have proved another arrogant self righteous bank defender WRONG, and debunked using HARD evidence and proof to back up my statements. Nothing wrong with that..is there?

Now why you have to use the term "deadbeats" is just part of the bank defender mindset..but if you ever bothered to open a dictionary, you would find the definition of a dead beat is someone who does not pay their debts..kind of like what the banks have done truth be told. But the reports I read, seem to be by people who have been paying..and paying dearly due to human error, and the banks unscrupulous policies, which ARE coming to an end..are are going to help ALL debit card users...those that are victims, and those that are deadbeats alike. The policy changes do not discriminate, it protects all customers equally..like it or not.

"As far as "politicizing" this...

Know that I will politicize what I want, when I want. You don't get to set the terms of debate. You only have the privilege of participating."

Well it has been a privilege proving you wrong "again", and I give you that point, you can politicize what you want. It just seemed like you tend to be extremely presumptuous..by assuming every customer who lodges a complaint against the bank is a deadbeat...or that I am some kind of advocate of irresponsibility, or that I must be a bleeding heart liberal because I expose what the BANKS have done wrong and the trouble they are in.

But you as well are WRONG to assume anything you post here, unless you can back it up with any evidence like I have. Otherwise, it is useless and just gives me more ammunition to prove you wrong and debunk it.

Ooh...close...so close...but WRONG, Ronny...

AUTHOR: Truth Detector - (U.S.A.)

As far as "politicizing" this...

It continues because the bank defenders don't stop..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Yes, they keep saying the same things...and never admit the banks did "anything" wrong. But i have to explain over and over..that yes..they have done wrong.

I am well aware of the notices..but is still helps to explain to others that were ripped off by the banks what the bank did.

And if they were doing nothing wrong...why are they changing? Yes it is going to be a law, but some banks have stopped doing this on their own, Chase is the first bank that as decided on their own to change the policy before the law changes..which is no more auto enroll. I do not know if every bank is going to stop re-sequencing, but i do know for a fact Chase no longer does.

I chose not to be enrolled in overdraft coverage on the debit card becuase i have no need for fees, so re-sequencing would not matter as far as a fee, or multiple unjust fees which can no longer occur due to bank manipulations, but it is nice having the online statement show my transaction in order, makes checking my register that much easier.

"You see, the fact that the bank refuses to PAY the overdraft transaction doesn't stop it from charging the customer for RETURNING or REFUSING IT. This already occurs when banks return checks or ACH transactions as NSF. The recipient gets NO money, yet the account holder is charged a returned-check fee. Expect the same thing to happen with debit transactions - including the ordering of declined transactions in any way the banks see fit."

Well I have no idea what your bank does, but my bank does not charge anything if the debit card is declined. A debit card transaction is not like an ACH where it is a commitment similar to cash. A debit card overdraft was essentially a loan no matter how you slice it, and the banks are in court because these loans were unauthorized if the bank did not fully disclose and allow the customers to CHOOSE whether or not they wanted this "loan "aka automatic courtesy overdraft protection) on the debit card transactions.

If you think about it, people like you have actually made the situation worse for deadbeats - as now they not only won't have their overdrafting transactions paid for, they will pay the fees and may face civil and/or legal consequences if one of their pay-at-the-pump transactions are declined after they drive away with a full tank of gas.

What do you mean by "people like me"? You mean people who don't like rip offs? Okay, guilty as charged.

Now again with the gas pump. That I am sure has been considered by the bank. I know back when I was with Wachovia, they didn't want me to opt out but I did. And I noticed when my account got below a certain point, the screen at the pump would read "please see attendant inside". So I would go inside, say "10 dollars regular please" swipe the card, and be on my merry way.

If a customer finds a way to overdraft a card that is not enrolled in overdraft coverage, then they still like always, will be subject to a fee. And if the customer did this, it would look like an awful silly complaint if the lodged it here.

But since my motives are not about helping deadbeats, I hope the changes do make it worse, but I can't see how. If a deadbeat now chooses to be opted out of OD protection, it goes against their nature ..because a dead beat is someone who does not pay their bills anyhow. If a deadbeat CHOOSES to be opted out of OD coverage, they are actually showing responsibility but not allowing the bank to allow them to spend more then they have.

"There is absolutely NO way around the solution to this issue, Ronny. Consumers MUST take the initiative to cut off spending when they get close to a zero balance moving forward. This victim play and blaming of the banks may be popular on MSNBC and liberal blogs, but in the really real world, adults must answer for their actions and make decisions accordingly"

I fully agree that customer shares a responsibility and should not to try to spend more then they have. But you are DEAD wrong on a few points. Number one, don't politicize this with me, I am far from a liberal, I think the Republicans are way too liberal as a matter of fact.

What the banks were doing (and most still do) was and is a blatant rip off, taking advantage of honest mistakes, and any unauthorized or unknown hold/charges/checks that didn't clear in time etc. If a bank policy can hurt those that were not irresponsible, then the policy is no good for anyone.

Now while no matter what nonsense and lies you are stating here..the FACT is, the changes are going to help and be more fair to ALL debit card users. A byproduct of the changes, and THIS is what there is "absolutely no way around", is that it is going to help irresponsible customers, as well as true victims. Am I happy that it is going to help irresponsible customers too? Not really, but it will be nice to see all these types of complaints go away.

For what purpose does this rant continue?

RonnyG, you asked:

What the question is however, is WHY are the banks re-sequencing debit card transactions at all. Because as much as you say it doesn't matter, it must have mattered to all the people involved in the lawsuits or why would they be allowed to proceed? Why would Chase have stopped doing this?

As of August 15 of this year, debit card overdraft protection - including ordering of approved overdraft transactions - is scheduled to cease UNLESS the account holder tells the bank or credit union he/she WANTS IT TO CONTINUE. I have already received the notices from my bank and credit union - as have millions of other consumers.

The TRUE question is, why are you still whining about this? Isn't this what you wanted all along?

Perhaps it's because you know the new regulations will do little to stop the problem.

There is absolutely NO way around the solution to this issue, Ronny. Consumers MUST take the initiative to cut off spending when they get close to a zero balance moving forward. This victim play and blaming of the banks may be popular on MSNBC and liberal blogs, but in the really real world, adults must answer for their actions and make decisions accordingly.

petty nonsense..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

There is no such "term" as "outstanding paper check"..it is just called an outstanding check and I know what it is. There is no reason to use the word "paper" as I have not seen too many checks make of titanium or styrofoam.

As far as a US bank ATM, I used the drive through tonight. I don't know about where you live, but the one here said nothing about coins..and there was a slot that was certainly large enough to fit a couple of dimes in an envelope.

You don't have to say anything any amount of times because it is REDUNDANT and everyone knows how an overdraft occurs.

Why would Chase have stopped doing this? Could it be perhaps that their customers prefer them not to..since it is UNNECESSARY and a RIP OFF.

Babies need proof, I guess.

Ronny G,

What do you mean, "There's no such thing as an outstanding paper check?"

Let me fill you in. Someone writes a check. Which is made of paper. It hasn't been cashed by the party it was written to. Thus, an outstanding paper check. What are you trying to prove with such a goofy comment?

Second, I guess I'll have to take a photo of a US Bank ATM to show you argumentative little trolls that they don't accept coins. That's fine. I'll get on that and shove that picture right in your pimple-ridden faces.

And finally, how many times do I have to say this? Banks base overdraft fees on IF YOU CLOSE OUT A BUSINESS DAY WITH A NEGATIVE AVAILABLE BALANCE. THUS, ORDER OF DEBITS DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU MAINTAIN A SUFFICIENT BALANCE! AS LONG AS YOUR ACCOUNT IS POSITIVE AT THE END OF THE BUSINESS DAY, YOU'RE FINE! Quit trying to use this as an excuse to substantiate a person's negligence. IT WON'T WORK!

I am the laws "few" examples..

Here's a few examples:

* People admitting that they're overdrafting their accounts intentionally and complaining of the OD fees.

Well I read differently. The posters who admit they overdrafted intentionally, which is few and far between, are upset with the bank for compounding fees due to the unnecessary re-ordering the bank did. They are upset that it caused overdraft fees to occur on transactions that had the funds at the time, and should have cleared.

Is this policy in the terms agreement? Perhaps. But it is still a way that the bank is swindling customers, since it is an unnecessary tactic, and has landed this bank and several others in a class action lawsuit. Chase does not re-sequence debit card transactions anymore..which PROVES no other bank needs to do it either.

* People wrecking their leased vehicle and whining about USB asking them to pay them for the damage.

I don't see too many reports like this to assume an epidemic.

* People making late payments on their credit cards and screaming about their interest rate going up.

You can tell they are screaming? Maybe they are just upset that they have been perfect for years, and one time something happened to cause a lateness, and the bank takes advantage. Yes, I agree this is in the terms, hence I pay my bills early, but I still feel the banks are a little harsh and some reports are complaint worthy. I mean how many years and years do you need to be a bank customer before you earn a little respect from them. Apparently never. This use to not be the case.

And lets not forget the reports where banks are now canceling good customers who pay off early and hurt their credit just because they "can"..or raise the rates for no reason other then just because they "can". The banks have been hurting ALL customers, not just one has one late payment is 6 years.

* People complaining of overdraft fees caused by a paper check, and not understanding why outstanding paper checks aren't known by the bank (duh)

There is actually no such term as "outstanding paper check", but you probably meant "outstanding check"..which is according to bank definition...

A valid check which, although possibly already cashed, has not yet been returned for processing to the financial institution from where it originated.

Now of course a customer should make sure a check is clear before spending it..but people do make mistakes. And this is ONE of the MANY examples that can be used against the bank defenders when they say "if you keep a register, you won't overdraft". Certainly if a check has not cleared and the customer did not know..it would still be written in the register as a deposit.

Quit hand-holding people that brought their misery on themselves. That kind of attitude is what's causing the downfall of our country.

What caused the downfall of this country, was the reckless behavior of wall street...aka THE BANKS. What can cause the downfall of ANY country, is greed run rampant and lack of compassion for your fellow man. It is much easier to criticize others, then to better ourselves.

WWJD?

Not really trying to argue I am the Law..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

But you did state it was "impossible".

Now if someone for whatever tarded reason was going to go to the ATM just to deposit 20 cents in cash..most likely this would be 2 dimes. Regardless of what the sign says...I don't see how it is "impossible" to fit in the slot when a cash deposit can easily be thicker then a dime..jus sayin.

I guess the bank must have thought this was a 20 cent check deposit? Because if the ATM allows you to choose cash or check deposit, shouldn't it have warned the customer the 20 cent cash deposit can not be completed if it was "impossible"? The Poster does state this was a cash deposit. Or maybe the ATM though it was the new 20 cent bill?

A new player?

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Oh okay, BadArsRider, wanna play, huh?

That's fine. Daddy's got plenty of time for you.

First off, your sign-on name is stupid.

Second of all, USB ATM's do not take coins. There's a big sign on the front of their ATM's saying "Do not deposit coins". If you can't read it, get a literate adult to help you. Am I going to have to prove this by taking a picture of one of their ATM's? I've been banking at USB for over a decade, so trust me, little man, I'm right.

Next subject. You ask why I'm constantly defending USB. Answer: I'm not. I'm defending common sense. I'm pointing out that most of the woes people experience with their bank are self-inflicted and not because the bank is, as you say, "evil". Just read some of other people's ROR's. Most of the time, they will actually admit fault, but still feel the overpowering urge to blame the bank.

Here's a few examples:

and on, and on, and on....

Overdrafters: Get responsible, get sober, get a life, get a clue. Stop blaming others for YOUR negligence.

what does the coin have to do with the deposit

AUTHOR: BadArsRider - (United States of America)

To: I am the law.
Come on, man. You make an aszs of yourself over and over again. When will you stop teasing those poor citizens who file reports against this good friend of yours 'us bank'? Are you really willing to lower yourself just for the sake of being noticed?
I mean, come on, did you sleep with us bank?

If you really need attention and want to be respected why not help these poor people who complain about injustice. You know too damn well nobody likes us bank's tactics and I'm sure anybody would agree they are big time crooks. Why defend them?

Do yourself a favor: shave yourself, take a shower, tomorrow get sober and start doing something useful. I repeat 'useful' not useless. You will thank me for directing you on the right way. If you wan tot be a decent man that's the way to go, by helping others. Not defending the evil. 'cause then that's what you are.
And pass this on to 'Edgeman' your buddy. That freak needs to stop making an aszs of himself, too. There is no room for philosophy.

And by the way, that coin issue. You can deposit coins at an ATM. I once deposited cash with about 1.5 dollars in small change. And it was accepted and posted to my account and no one called me home to tell me it was wrong. You don't know many things but show off with your 'knowledge' of the banking system.

Like I said do something really useful.

Sigh

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Do I actually need to take a picture of a USB ATM to show you loops the big sign on it that says "Do not deposit coins"?

People, for the love of Pete, think about it. Coins are thick. They're going to get stuck in the ATM slot.

I am not satisfied....

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

I am the law...all kidding around aside, I have a feeling that if we met in a normal setting, we would probably get along, and I bet I would get along as well with Flynrider, Stacey, jeanski, both of the Roberts (Irvine and Buffalo)... and even Edgeman.

However, you are wallowing in some kind of victory with "I told you so" in this case.

Yes, you were correct that no employee stole this 20 bucks, thinking that a bank employee would do so makes no sense to any rational person. And yes, the bank MUST investigate a situation like this, that any rational, non ignorant person would agree to as well.

But I have one question for you. How is it 'impossible" to deposit coins? I will bet you my first born (although I don't have one yet), that I can put 2 dimes in an envelope, and insert it into any US bank ATM machine. Just saying.

Told you.

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

Told you. Listen to me, kid. I know what I'm talking about.

Issue Has Been Resolved.

AUTHOR: Erixium - (USA)

This issue has now been resolved.

#19 General Comment

No one stole your $20..

AUTHOR: axxx - (United States of America)

For goodness sake think about it!  If you work in a bank in a role where you have access to cash:

A: You are in a position to take much more than $20

B: If you get nailed for taking money - ANY AMOUNT - you WILL go to Federal Prison - and you know it.

Now - would you risk prison for $20?  And if you were going to steal - would you steal $20 or a larger amount?

Erixium

Erixium,

The ATM will allow you to type in .20 as a deposit because you can put in a .20 check. (Granted, how often do you get a .20 check? But still...) So, if this was a CASH deposit, it's physically impossible for someone at USB to process a .20 amount. ATM's can't accept coins.

I'm not saying USB didn't make an error or lose your deposit. I'm sure that happens from time to time. I'm also not saying that they investigated it to the best of their ability. I'm just saying I highly doubt someone stole your $20.00.

AUTHOR: Erixium - (U.S.A.)

I spoke to a representative at the US Bank location where I made the ATM deposit. The representative stated that it is, in fact, possible to make a change deposit through the ATM. You must simply deposit the change into the envelope provided.

But, my arguments are still valid...

AUTHOR: Erixium - (U.S.A.)

I would also like to add:

US Bank defendants would rather spend their time and money filing endless rebuttals on Rip-Off-Report than help their customers.

"I am the law" is presenting himself as a US Bank representative, he is missing the point and has only made my argument more valid. Please continue reading...

First, why are you so offended by my report? Why do you resort to calling me derogatory names? My name I have chosen for myself is Erixium, not Excrement. Personal attacks do not give anyone any real reason to take your opinion seriously.

This personal attack implies that:

1. you are someone close to the company in question.
2. you know I am right and you therefore feel a strong need to retaliate.
3. if this was just a mistake, (a typo), this only reinforces my perception of your incompetence. If you are a US Bank representative, I can see why there are so many reports filed against US Bank with Rip Off Report and with the BBB.

Second, you admit that you do not know why it would take 10 days (it has taken over 1 month now) to resolve such a 'minor' issue as this, yet you seem very confident in your knowledge of bank security and procedure. Make up your mind, are you informed or not?

Third, your point about coin deposits is interesting, but powerfully counterproductive:

1. It is impossible to make a cash 'withdrawal' of 20 cents. The machine will not even allow you to enter $0.20 on a cash withdrawal. However, the machine will allow you to enter $0.20 on a deposit.  This illustrates the fact that the bank has the system designed in their favor. (And, although I've never tried it, I don't see why the machine would not accept an envelope with change in it.)

2. If it is 'physically impossible' that I (or any bank representative) could have made a 20 cent ATM deposit, why is there a need for an investigation into this issue? Again, I reiterate the fact that as soon as the envelope was opened a $20.00 deposit should have been made. Regardless of the 'physical possibility' of depositing 20 cents by means of an ATM, the fact is that there was a 20 cent deposit made, and that deposit resulted in $60.00 worth of overdraft fees on my account.

3. You make a great point that the bank has made it physically 'impossible' for ME to make an ATM deposit of 20 cents, but it is clearly not impossible for the BANK to register a 20 cent ATM deposit on my bank statement and charge me overdraft fees because of it!

Fourth, you are missing the point. Your rebuttal still does not invalidate my initial argument because you have not addressed the second point in question: "Refuses to Investigate". I also filed a rebuttal against your last rebuttal: "Won't Correct Honest Mistakes." When will you address those points?

In fact, everyone here is missing the point. You are focusing on the fact that the law stipulates that a bank 'must' investigate. What 'is' and what 'should be' are two different things, especially in the banking world. I filed an investigation request over a month ago. Not only has this issue not been resolved, but I have not heard one word from them about it.

Fifth, it doesn't matter which US Bank employee stole my money. Whether that person was the CEO, a teller, or a machine. The fact remains: my money is not in my account, in fact, quite the opposite occurred. I was robbed $60.00 in illegitimate overdraft fees.

So, my initial statement still stands:

US Bank Employees Steal ATM Cash Deposits and Bank Refuses to Investigate.

My second statement stands:

US Bank Won't Correct Honest Mistakes

And, thanks to the informative rebuttal of "I am the law", my third statement stands:

US Bank ATMs are Designed to Rob Customers

Still sticking to my opinion.

Excrement,

I have no idea why it might take a bank ten days to research this type of thing. I guess it would depend on the situation. I'm sure banks have legitimately lost deposits before on rare occasions, but I still say that nobody actually stole it. There's too many eyes on the people that count the money. Also, ATM deposits can't contain coins, so there's another reason no one could've literally put two dimes into your account instead of paper money.

That's right, the bank must investigate..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

...and even though it is Federal law, they will often try to get out of it by taking too much time and stalling and telling you there is nothing they can do etc. in hopes that enough time will pass and then they don't have to do anything at all. Common bank tactic.

Request..no I take that back, DEMAND a dispute form E, the bank can fax you one if they claim they do not have one on hand. Once this is investigated hopefully they will find in your favor and refund the deposit and overdraft fees. This could take 30 days or more depending so you can request a "provision". What the provision will do is put back the fees and deposit the bank pilfered from you and when it is "resolved", they will lift the provision. In the worst case if they decide in their favor, they will remove the funds from the provision and you will be out of luck. Unfortunately, if it comes down to your word against the bank after the investigation they MUST do, I don't think you will stand a chance.

I had a similar situation a while back with Wachovia, but in my case it was a withdrawal. Nothing came out of the ATM, not even a receipt, yet the bank took the money from my account causing all kinds of financial havoc. They did "investigate", give me a provision, take the provision back, give it to me again, and lifted it once they were done investigating..around 30 days. All money and associated fees were reimbursed to my account. Bear in mind..this might have been an honest mistake the bank made due to a defective ATM..but if you make an honest mistake, watch out. Only the bank is allowed to make honest mistakes and not pay fees for it...we one the other hand..no honest mistakes allowed, period.

And the biggest mistake you made, was depositing at an ATM. Had you did this deposit in person, a teller would have noticed the error of the decimal point and this whole matter could have been avoided. It is highly unlikely anyone would travel to the bank..much less an ATM, just to deposit 20 cents.

Now I won't insinuate to be an insider of this bank or claim to know the procedure for collecting the ATM deposits..or know who does it..and under what, if any supervision, but most likely a bank employee did not take it. Not to say I believe it is impossible ..but improbable.

Good luck with this bank, another blood thirsty vulture.

US Bank Won't Correct Honest Mistakes

AUTHOR: Erixium - (U.S.A.)

If this was an honest mistake, why won't US Bank assist in resolving the problem? And, why would it would take 10 business days (from Feb 12) to resolve this "honest" mistake, and why it has not been resolved to this day (March 13th)? And why wasn't a deposit of $20.00 made as soon as the envelope was opened and the error was found? Why the runaround over an "honest" mistake by both parties involved?

No one took your money.

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

First of all, banks, by federal law, must investigate all possible instances of fraud.

Second, a bank's encoding department consists of many people that verify deposits. Their security and surveillance is comparable to the US Mint. Your deposit passed through the hands of several people and I highly doubt that this group of people would risk their jobs and freedom over $20. Trust me, no one pocketed your deposit. At worst, it's a legitimate mistake by the bank.