Complaint Review: U.S. Buildings

• Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By: Caleb — Waynesboro Tennessee USA
U.S. Buildings
355 industrial park drive Boone, North Carolina United States of America

U.S. buildings direct, U.S. systems corp, U.S. metal buildings, U.S. Hazmat chemical storage corp, U.S. buildings distribution, Discount Buildings, etc. Scamming salesman who lie about their identities and extortion tactics to get your money is all part of U.S. Buildings business model. Waynesboro, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: got me too

*Consumer Comment: got me too

I found an add for discounted steel arch buildings in a local newspaper.  The add said there were "thousands off the retail price" because of canceled orders.  So I give them a call to get a price on a building.  The lady asked me if would be interested in a sales promotion program (I forget what they called it), where my building could be used as a show piece for prospective buyers.  She said it would save me even more money if I agreed.  I agreed I thought this was a good idea (they still hadn't given me a quote) and she said they would send a sales rep to my house to take a look at the building site.

A few weeks later a sales rep showed up calling himself "Roy" claiming he isn't a sales rep at all, but is in the advertising department.  So he tells me all about the buildings and asks what size I'm interested in.  I tell him and he makes a phone call to check if one's available.  I think it's odd that he doesn't already know what they have available, but I don't worry about it.  He says they do have a building, but it's on a truck going to an auction.  I'll have to make a decision  right then so they can tell the driver to hold the building.  So I tell him it's still to high.  He makes some phone calls and the price comes down a little lower.  It's still too much, so he ask me how much I'm willing to pay.  I tell him thinking they won't do it, and sure enough they do.  Turns out there was some "coupons" in a magazine they could use to get it just below that price.

Like an idot I took the deal, cut "Roy" a check for almost $2000, and went about my business.  Later when I was checking my caller ID I found that "Roy" wasn't his real name.  The name on the phone he had called me from earlier that day was Willi Stalkner.  It was a funny name, but I wasn't laughing.  The number also matched the one "Roy" had given me as a personal contatct number.  A few days later I also got some lituriture in the mail with some things that seemed to contradict what "Roy" had told me, for instantce, if you need more time the company will hold your order, but will charge you for every month they hold it.  "Roy" never mentioned the extra fees.

After checking them out on the internet and sites like this.  I realized what kind of scum these people are ($2000 too late).  I called to cancel my order, and not only do I not get my $2000 back, but "Edith" will also be turning my case over to the "legal" department.  It's seems they think I owe them more money for their trouble.  If anyone is intersted in getting a class action going against these people, then please contact me.  I would be happy to help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Buildings/Boone-North-Carolina-28607/US-buildings-direct-US-systems-corp-US-metal-buildings-US-Hazmat-chemical-stora-483038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Buildings

got me too

AUTHOR: rthomas - (United States of America)

They used the same exact sells pitch on me,I did recieve my building after 2000 down.The sales rep was from my state"al" Mike Mcginn.We negotiated a price then he tried to raise it 600 dollars he said was for shipping.I refussed and said i would get back with them,But he wasnt having that.He made another call to boone and he said ok on our price.Come to find out the 600 was because i had a 30 ft building ,he put down for a horizonal roof,which i told him a regular roof which is verticle.Well to save the 600 dollars they cut the suppose to be A 30 foot piece into 3 pieces cause it was easier to ship.My roof leaks on both ends and spots in the middle too.All they can tell me that it plainly states on my contract horrizonal roof.They refuse to make it right.I guess they are trained for these exact sale pitches,and cut the cost as much as they can for more profit.

got me too

AUTHOR: rthomas - (United States of America)