Complaint Review: US Cash Advance/Scam

• Updated: Sun, June 19, 2011

• Reported By: TIGER1096 — Manning South Carolina United States of America
US Cash Advance/Scam
33 Liberty Street Pine ridge, South Dakota United States of America

US Cash Advance/Scam Mark Johnson is not affiliated with USA Cash Advance Pine ridge, South Dakota

I received a call from Mark Johnson with a thick Indian accent claiming that I was being sued by USA cash Advance for a loan that I had taken out. I asked him questions about it .   After shouting back and forth that iIdid not receive any money from this company, he was filing a $10,000 lawsuit against me for not paying a $300.00 'loan.' The interest charges were $148.00.   He told me that if I did not pay the loan, the sherriff's department would be at my door on Saturday AM to lock me up.
I asked what date this loan was finalized and he said about five months ago. He called my bank's name, but I did not have an account with them at that time. ( Ichanged my account number after I hung up.)
I pursued further for the date and he could not give me an actual date of'service.'
I manged to get his phone number( area code in TX) and I asked him for his physical address and he rattled papers. I said," You do not know what city you are in?" Then he said that he was in Pine Ridge SD at 33 East Liberty Street.  I did a reverse look up and no such address!
I hung up and went to the FBI website and  reported this threating and harassing scam,(He called 5 times and hung up whenever one of us answered.) I got an idea.      I called the number and apologized to 'Mark.' I told him that my accountant handles everyting. I gave him a fake name and the number to the FBI office in DC.   Mark's number is 817-510-7616. I doubt if this number still rings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2011 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Cash-AdvanceScam/Pine-ridge-South-Dakota-/US-Cash-AdvanceScam-Mark-Johnson-is-not-affiliated-with-USA-Cash-Advance-Pine-ridge-Sou-742775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Cash Advance/Scam