Complaint Review: US Cash Awards

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: aaanonymous — Saint Charles Missouri United States of America
US Cash Awards
Nationwide United States of America

US Cash Awards try to get me to go to western union to send $100 for a cash prize and mercedes benz, Nationwide

I was contacted by a gentleman claiming that I won a prize from US Cash Award program.  He stated that I should contact an 876 number which I did.  The number didn't work.  A few minutes later I received a call from a gentleman name John with an accent stating that I needed to go to western union and get a wire transfer for $100.00 made out to Gary Young and send it to Jamaica WI.

Apparently I won 850,000 and a new mercedes benz that included 1 year of gas and insurance from Geico.  (Geico just happens to be our insurance carrier).  The $100 was to release the check from the federal govt and get the automobile deliver.  He wanted me to hide from my husband and surprise my husband when the prize arrives.  I told him that I would have the $100 in form of cash upon delivery.  He stated that I needed the receipt per their procedures.

He also stated he wasn't lying and that if I didn't do this he would send the check to my church.  I just got off the phone with him and he is waiting for me to go and do the wire transfer.  I will update everyone on what happens next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Cash-Awards/nationwide/US-Cash-Awards-try-to-get-me-to-go-to-western-union-to-send-100-for-a-cash-prize-and-mer-946342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Cash Awards